Admiring Pens

Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God.

People saw me. I'm supposed to be home, being a cripple. The game should be over by now, yet, I'm sitting in the Grill at the bar.

"Yeah, I'll have a Bellini." I muttered as I compelled the bartender.

I watched him as he poured peach purée in a glass and slowly mixed in champagne with it. He stirred it and garnished it with a peach slice before adding a few ice cubes.

"Thanks." I smiled and gave him a $5.00 tip.

I sipped the delicious peachy goodness.

"Remedy! Hi, how're you doing?" I heard Caroline greet. I swerved on my stool and grinned.

"I'm just peachy." I raised my glass a little before taking another drink.

"How'd they let you get a drink?" Caroline raised an eyebrow.

"They, uh, I know someone really well here. I can get you a drink too if you want." I stammered.

"Nah, I'm good...aren't you supposed to be at home healing?" Caroline frowned.

"Oh, I heal...fast..." I said quietly.

"Oh...ok...well that means your coming to the Founders Party and Heritage Display." Caroline said.

"Geez, what is up with this town and parties?" I hissed under my breath,"Yeah, yeah, I'll go. Is it formal?"

"Yeah, wear a pretty dress." Caroline nodded,"It's at 6:00 p.m. See you there!" She called as she left. I downed the rest of my drink and stood. Well if its tomorrow, I better hurry up and shop, because I'm not the type who would wake up early in the morning to go shopping.

-Next Day

My eyes fluttered open at the sound of shuffling downstairs. I flew downstairs getting ready to rip someone's head off, but I stopped.

Nate was reading a book casually.

"Nate, what the hell?" I yawned. I should kill him for this.

"Yeah, remember that I owed you coffee? Here you go." He handed me a cup of coffee without taking his eyes off his book.

"You are psycho." I grumbled before snatching the coffee out of his hands.

"Oh, you don't have to lie. I know you're afraid to confess your undying love for me." Nate scoffed.

"Oh, please. I rather date Chuck Norris." I scoffed while I sipped my coffee,"Then he can roundhouse kick you into the ocean so the charms can eat you."

"I can easily kill the sharks and Chuck Norris." He grinned.

I rolled my eyes. I noticed what book he was reading.

"How ironic...a vampire reading Twilight." I stared at him.

"Seriously, Edward should really stick with vampire girls, 'cause this Bella chick does not sound hot at all." Nate shook his head.

"Anyway, I hear that you don't have an escort to the founders party and heritage display." Nate pointed out, setting down the book.

"Really? Escorts? What are these people hosting, a prom?" I asked sarcastically.

"And I'm escorting you. No questions asked." Nate said nonchalantly.

"You have the nerve--" I was cut off.

"I always have the nerve to do anything." Nate smirked.

"Oh, God. Shut up." I groaned.

He waited.