5. Together

Acela POV

I open my eyes feeling suffocated and warm as I try to move the heavy warm hand off me.

Wait.. heavy warm hand? Wait that is not a blanket..  and I don't have a roommate.

My eyes bulge from my head as I pray these aren't the hands of a certain Prince. I hear breathing on my neck and his naked chiseled chest against my back. Okay. So we fell asleep during the movie last night, no big deal, totally happens to me a lot actually.

Panic time.

What do I do what do I do?

"Morning mate." A husky deep voice says in the darkness.

"M-morning." I squeak out trying to move out of his grasp.

He laughs huskily and moves his arm from holding me and I turn to look at him. He looks like a Calvin Klein model when he wakes up and I probably look like a bird's nest with eye bags. 

Damn, I just realized he missed his party yesterday and slept with me. People definitely noticed him leave with me and not return. Oh my god, his parents must've noticed his absence too and Mason DEFINITELY saw us dance and possibly leave together. What if people already know?

A touch on my shoulder startled me to see Caelan is looking at me worried. "What are you thinking about? I can never tell." He asks.

I stand up and turn the tv off then start to pace nervously as he sits on the bed and watches me amused. "Acela, sit down." He groans as he readjusts the pillow.

I stop pacing and look at him nervously. "You need to leave, you ditched your party and slept here."

He raises a brow as he leans on his hand. "So?"

So? I stand there gaping at how carefree he is acting. "This is bad, I could lose my job, oh god." I say rubbing my forehead.

"You're not just 'some girl' Acela, you're my mate, nobody is firing you.. if anything we are family now." He says with a shrug as he gets out of bed, his muscles flexing with every movement.. and his bed hair.. oh wow.

NO pay attention Acela!

I blush hard and turn around. "We agreed to keep it a secret for now." I say quietly.

I hear him put his pants back on from the sound of his belt, he chuckles huskily. "I can't control gossip but if it matters so much to you.. " he hums. "You could tell people that I forced you to spend time with me, it's the truth."

I turn to look at him to see he is smirking. How is he enjoying this? "Aren't you worried? Your mate is human.. and works for you." I say baffled.

He turns serious now as he looks at me menacingly. "Acela I will only say this once." He says slowly as he walks closer to me until he is in front of my face looking down at me.

"I don't give a shit about what people think, I love that you are human and you're independent, the more you believe me the less you will care about what other people think about you, about us." He says softly as he puts a strand of hair behind my ear.

Closing my eyes I know he is right, his touch tells me that much but it's all happening too fast, I'm only human. "What about your parents?" I ask quietly.

He furrows his brows. "Acela, they already know."

I move back from him. "What?"

He sighs and steps closer, grabbing hold of my hand and looking at me with his beautiful green eyes. "In the dining hall at breakfast yesterday. Your reaction gave it away.. but also how tense you were around me, which hurt a little by the way." He says with a soft smile.