25. Proof

Acela POV

I sit silently, not moving an inch as the letter I got is passed around the room. Inside the room are important family members, even the King's parents are here, Alfred and Claire Black, who I have not yet met until this unfortunate day.

Kane and Sora are here with Caelan and me, Lisla and her mate could not make it so it's just the important family members of the Black family and I sat inside the room with two of the Kings trusted men, a man named Larson and Lucas sit with a frown on their face as they read through the letter once again.

"There is no mistake, it's Lucius's handwriting." The man named Larson says as he passed the letter back to Kane.

Kane has been watching me carefully for reasons I do not know but it's starting to make me really uncomfortable and Caelan has noticed too how much his family and father have started to look at me.

Kane sighs. "I haven't heard anything from him in over 110 years, if Acela is his daughter she is in danger, he would not show himself unless someone found out about her." He says roughly as he glances around the room until his eyes land on me.

Caelan growls then stands up from the seat next to me to rip the letter from Kane's hands and then scrumples it up in his hands. "I can protect her, I don't need some Lycanthrope to protect my mate." He grits out angrily.

The room tenses and no one is saying anything, it is starting to annoy me how they do not acknowledge me in the room.

I clear my throat and everyone snaps their heads to me. "I want to meet him, alone, if he is my father I deserve to know what is going on." I say seriously and the room frowns.

Caelan's wolf comes out as he growls deeply. "No! You are going nowhere near him, he's dangerous Acela." He growls out and I ignore him as I look at Larson.

"Is he still there?" I ask him and he nods slowly while glancing at Caelan wearily.

"He's there, he is in the hotel and has not left but the lights are on." He simply says and Caelan growls louder.

Caelan sits on the sofa and grabs my hand in his as his empty black eyes stare back at me. "Acela, think about this, he is over thousands of years old, he could be using yo-"

I interrupt him and stand up angrily. I do not want to hear any more of this as I pick up the piece of paper that was ripped but still part of the address and phone number to contact him.

I look at Caelan and sigh. "I'm going to meet him, you can come with me and wait in the car or you can stay here." I say with no discussion as I turn and leave.

I need to grab my coat and phone... damn, am I doing the right thing? Is this crazy...? The room is deadly silent when I leave and Caelan doesn't follow me when I head straight up to his room in the palace to grab my things and change out of these clothes to something warmer as tonight is colder than usual in The Vale.

Upon brushing my teeth and brushing my hair, getting dressed, and wrapped up, I am all ready to go as I leave the Caelan's bedroom in the place and make my way down to the front entrance to get into one of the cars outside.

As I walk down the large palace stairs I see Caelan standing there with his back turned to me, he is wearing his coat. He turns when he hears me coming up behind him, he is frowning and no doubt wants to argue, hoping he could change my mind.

I interlock our hands before he opens his mouth and smile warmly at him as I lead him outside the palace doors when guards open them for us. A driver is already waiting for us as I had hoped, Caelan must've told them we were heading out.