21. Release

Acela POV

"Remember... human, it is their fault you will die here today... NOT MINE!!"

*****

I wake up gasping for air and feeling like I can't breathe. I glance around the room and I can't see Caelan, I'm panicking and feel light-headed, oh my god, what if-if..

The door slams open and a heaving Caelan stands there out of breath as he scans the room on high alert, he caused me to jump from the suddenness and the noise. When he sees me and no one else in the room he relaxes.

Caelan comes over to me with sadness written on his face. "Acela? Did you have a bad dream? I'm sorry.. I was getting you something to eat.. I shouldn't have left you i-"

I interrupt him with a nervous chuckle. "N-No it's fi-ine, I just had a nightmare.." I say avoiding eye contact as I steady my breathing and heartbeat. He scared me.

I taste the flavor of metal in my mouth, blood? And that's when last night's events come running back to me. Caelan fed me his blood. My eyes snap to Caelan who looks at me with so much guilt, this wasn't his fault so why does he feel the need to blame himself?

I swallow hard as I look at Caelan. "What did you do.. to me, last night?"

He pales and avoids eye contact as he rubs his face and sighs out loudly, standing up he begins to pace without looking at me. "I-I did the only thing I could to help you! Y-You were in pain, this is all my fault, if you weren't my mate this would've never happened to you." He says with dread and my heart breaks at this beautiful caring man who literally blames himself for what happened.

"Do you think I'm in shock? Is that why you did it?" I ask quietly, my head begins to pound and I start to get annoyed. He thinks because I'm- I was human, that I was weak.

He whips his head in my direction and frowns. "You almost died Acela, I just wanted to keep you safe, my blood will keep you saf-"

I snap. "QUIT JOKING!"

I take a deep breath. "Caelan I am not that weak!" I say angrily as I get up from the bed and glared at him.

I walk past him and walk into the bathroom, I slam the door as he stands in the same spot, unmoving.

He's unbelievable, I'm not some weak human girl, for him to decide something so important for me is not only a betrayal of my trust but he totally took advantage of the situation. I'm alive.. I didn't die, I'm fine but he still did what he wanted.

I rub my face in frustration and walk over to the sink to splash water on my face. It feels so nice, I'm alive, I'm safe here. I sigh out and look in the mirror, I probably look as bad as I feel right now, not to mention my hair..

And that's when I see it.

Hand marks around my neck.

From.. that time? The man with the scar on his face, he almost killed me. I feel the tears before I see them as I stare at myself in the mirror, I didn't even notice Caelan enter the room as he comes up behind me and looks at the hand marks around my neck with guilt in his eyes.