31. Forever

Acela POV

It's been a week since the execution of Rudo.

I have not heard or seen from Lucius since I told him I never wanted to see him again, him or my 'mother' who is now alive and well, no doubt living with Lucius.

After they left I did get to talk to my 'half brothers' about the situation, they have welcomed me anytime to visit, write or even phone if I needed anything or simply wanted to talk. Since then I have kept in regular contact with all three, becoming good friends with Leon, Christophe, and Maximus.

Caelan and I have never been better, after that night with Lucius and the Execution... I had found out I was indeed pregnant...

Let's say I was not amused like Caelan was, it still feels too soon, but the man is insatiable with impregnating me, wolves are all the same in his culture, starting a family as soon as possible.

Nobody but family and friends know, I don't want news getting out about my personal life, if we can, Caelan and I want to keep it a secret till the end, for the pups sake at a normal welcoming into the world.

Irelia and I are drinking ice tea in the garden of my and Caelan's new home, we finally moved in yesterday and everything has been rearranged with new furniture. I sold my apartment and my business with Mason is now officially mine, I own the shop but no longer work there, with the two attempts on my life, Caelan refused to let me, which I completely understand.

With a new life growing inside of me, I feel overprotective over the little one, Caelan too, if not worse than me, he fusses over everything and doesn't let me go anywhere by myself or do anything alone.

"So what's new with you and Justin?" I ask Irelia who drinks her tea with a sudden grin.

She flashes me a ring and I zero in on it. "We eloped!" She says happily showing me her hand.

I smile widely at the ring and hold her hand to get a better look. "Holy crap, congratulations! When did this happen?" I ask her as she giggles happily.

"Last week, it was magical Acela, he was so weird the whole day, asking me if I was warm or cold the whole day, eventually it got cold during our date near the lake and he took out a magical ruby heat stone, except he didn't give it to me, he pulled me up to stand and he got down on one knee and boom! Like that the stone turned into a ring with the ruby inside." She says as she dreamily admires her hand with the ring on it.

I move to sit next to her and hug her which she accepts with a laugh. "It's so gorgeous! Wow, I can't believe Justin, that is so romantic." I say with a sigh as I grin at her happiness.

"What's romantic?" A voice says, startling Irelia and I.

Caelan walks out through the double doors and into the garden where we are sitting, he's carrying a bag of bagels and a tray of drinks, with my shop logo on them.

I smile at him in appreciation and admire how good-looking he is, dressed casually with his hair messy, I love him when he is like this, like a normal man and not the next King of The Vale.

"Irelia and Justin got married last week!" I tell him happily as I show him her hand which Irelia shows giddily with a grin on her face.

His eyes widen slightly then he smiles. "Congratulations." He says to her and she smiles happily and thanks to him as she admires her ring with a loving smile.

Caelan sits next to me and places a bagel on my lap with a drink and hands Irelia her food too. I look to Caelan and he's oddly quiet, usually, he is talking a lot more than this, even with company.