Bonus Chapter

Caelan POV

I lean back in my chair after a long fucking day and take a deep breath.

I'm now King of The Vale.

For five long years and I wonder every day how my father did this for over 100 years without murdering people left and right for being so damn impossible.

I've spent the whole day listening to the council argue over land, I could give less than a fuck who it belonged to in the past, if no one claims it with a document of ownership then it belongs to the royal family, that's how it's always been. 

It's easy to get the land back, all you do is pay but those fucking tight vampires refused to pay the fee, resulting in me listening to their pleas for hours.

Until I threw them all out and tripled the price of land, which I don't tend to give to them anyway, not after the shit I had to listen to for hours on end.

After today I have a week, a full week with my mate and daughter Hayden. My little girl is the double of her mother in so many ways, everyday I wake up with a smile on my face knowing how lucky I am to have them.

With another pup on the way, I am truly blessed.

It's early in the morning and I need to sleep then join my mate and pup at my parents outside The Vale, for a week we've decided to spend it at Deepwater pack until then I need to shower then I can fly over.

I've missed my girls too much and it's only been a day.

Acela has been adjusting to being Queen like a professional, every day she surprises me by juggling being a mother and a Queen. 

Turning the shower on I grab my toothbrush and begin to brush while the water cools, I need to hurry if I want to catch them waking up, it's currently 05:00 AM in NZ, Deepwater, and I wanted to surprise my girls before they wake up.

Quickly washing my body in record time, I get dressed and dry my hair. I'm dressing casual and I forgot how it feels to be comfortable, always wearing stuffy ties and suits, now I know exactly how my father Kane felt all these years, the only reason he didn't go mad was probably because of my mother.

I head out onto the balcony and spread my wings wide then stretch them. When was the last time I flew or ran with Rion? My muscles are stiff and desperate to be worked until I can't remember anything anymore. 

A run with my mate, that's what I need.

Jumping off the balcony I flap my wings and make my way to the portal. 

Ever since Acela found out what she was and about her family, things have been good, being half-Fae and Lycan, she can control not only her transformation but she has slowly mastered the art of magic. 

The one ability I love is her ability to open interdimensional portals to travel between dimensions at any given time, the number of times she has pulled me into a portal to the middle of nowhere and we've just escaped, even though it's only for a few minutes

I live for those minutes alone with her.

Making it to the portal I land down on the ground and touch the stones to open the portal, I'm running on three hours of sleep for the past three days and I won't rest until I'm in the arms of my mate, my wolf and I are too tense to relax without her close.

"Nilthu I Vale" 

*****

Acela POV

"Come on baby, don't kick, mama wants to sleep." I beg my pup as I rub my belly.

My back is killing me and I've been awake for the past hour, it's 06:34 AM and Caelan should be here today, the sooner the better, I need his damn touch to calm down his son, right now he's kicking so much inside me it's impossible to relax without Caelan near me.