20. Revenge

Caelan POV

I clip the knives into my belt tightly as I stand in front of my team, I refuse to look at anyone knowing that I have failed as a mate. I have failed to protect Acela, I do not deserve to be alive right now with the amount of guilt that haunts me. I pray every second on repeat to the moon goddess to watch over her until I can get her, watch her for me, and take mercy upon me for what I am going to do once I find the people responsible for taking her.

There won't be anyone to stop me from doing what I have planned for these cowards, they all are going to die. That is a promise.

In the short time, I was unconscious, they had taken Acela and had time to write me a sweet message in blood before my wolf fought against the venom they had injected me with. Luckily it wasn't Acela's blood.

I still feel her, she's alive. But I feel how scared she is, an hour ago it was almost overwhelming how much I felt her despair and fear, it almost drove me to the edge.

The doors bang open and my father stands there with his men, he also, like me is dressed in our combat-ready gear. "I found her." That is all he says before I storm out the room, my men following behind me as they lower their hoods, ready to follow me into whatever awaits.

"Caelan." My father calls as I stop and turn, unable to look him in the eye at how much I am running on murderous fumes. The only thing stopping me from destroying the town is the hope that I can find my mate before anything.. before anything happens to her.

My father throws something at me and I catch it with ease and I look to what it is. A vampire slayer dagger. The size is small but very dangerous in the right hands. How fortunate that they land in my hands.

"I want her alive for questioning, Oliva Aldine." That is all he says before I'm fuming at him, my eyes blazing and ready to attack. He must be fucking stupid to think I would allow her to live after this, no one touches my mate and gets away with it. Definitely not some Aldine vampire.

"What did you fucking say? ALIVE?" I laugh darkly as I lower my gaze and blink back the rage that is consuming me.

I look my father dead in the eye and he furrows his brows. "Come between me and the Aldine and I will personally kill you, old man." I say laced with promise as I walk my way out of the building and out of the palace.

I spot some of my men as they hold the two men I had asked for, this had been what I was worried about. Aldine's are greedy. They believe they have some entitlement to the throne, they were serving the throne as we all do, no one owns it and no one ever will, Olivia craves the power and wealth that is attached to the title. In the end, this kind of fantasy will drive you mad, just like Oliva is now.

I walk to my men and look down in disgust at the two Aldine's that is kneeling in front of my men with spears pointed into the back of their necks, ready to pierce at my order. How I wish I could just kill them and rid this world of their filth, I am done playing games with this sick family and their sick and twisted mindset.

Grabbing the first person I find responsible. Mason Aldine. He worked in the palace for years, he had access and knowledge of every room, escape routes, and how to avoid guards, shift changes, and times of access. No ordinary person would be able to avoid any of the palace security without an inside man getting them all of the information to operate this plan.

I grab hold of his hair roughly and make him look at me. My eyes are blazing red as I am fully transformed into my true self. I hide for no one, I stand in front of the terrified Aldine a monster, a thing of nightmares. My pitch black piercing wings are free at either side, my face has changed into something not human anymore.