Chapter 9 ..:.. Wedding & Epilogue

“Please stand for the bride.” The priest gently called out, gesturing to the end of the aisle where the beautiful Princess Anne stood in her elegant white dress, King Xavier by her side. She had five bridesmaids, Ella, Lilly, her two sisters Elizabeth and Gretchen and her best friend Victoria. Aaron also had five groomsmen.

The seamstress had completed a beautiful job on my dress. It was a pale yellow, so pale it was almost white. The sleeves were laced and the skirt was plain as it slightly puffed at my waist. It was beautifully simple in a way that reflected my personality. And it was acceptable for a royal wedding.

Triella discretely nudged my arm, pulling me out of my day dream. I hadn’t realised that I was still seated, the only one still seated in fact. I quickly stood up, barely earning any gazes as everyone’s focus was on Anne. She was smiling as she made her way down to Aaron, her arm delicately draped over her father’s. She looked beautiful – as you expected a bride to be- and she was glowing. She was about to be married, marry a handsome and charming man and become the Queen of France. She would produce many heir, many boys, and live a long and healthy life with a loving man willing to do anything for his love.

I was going to be sick.

…:..

The wedding was torturous. Not because my true love was the groom, but royal weddings are just a bore.

Every person here had been excited for the union of the two countries but now we were currently /sitting in the chapel listening to the priest drown on, the excitement had died down.

“Do you, Prince Aaron Pierre Ronald Rossetti take Princess Anne Rosane Couture as your lawfully wedded wife?” He forced a smile.

“I do.” Aaron slid the gold ring onto Anne’s finger and met her eyes. His smile didn’t meet his eyes. The priest turned to Anne.

“Do you Anne Rosane Couture take Prince Aaron Pierre Ronald Rossetti to be your lawfully wedded husband?” Anne was silent, thoughtful for a moment.

“I do not.” A gasp ran along the crowd, followed by a murmur. The Queen stood up, followed by Anne’s parents.

“What is the meaning of this?” The Queen was outraged and Queen Rosane looked like she was about to burst into tears. Beside Anne, Aaron looked puzzled, slightly relieved, but puzzled. “What is going on Anne? Why are you not agreeing to our union?” Aaron didn’t sound that sad at her refusal to marry him.

“You know very well that we do not want this. I do not want to be married to you and you most certainly do not want to be married to anyone but Lady Riella Rodriguez.” Every pair of eyes in the chapel turned to me. “Don’t look so surprised Riella, I see the way Aaron stares after to you. Even when you announced your wedding to John Easton. He was so upset he did not speak to anyone. He said he was sick but of course I knew the truth. My husband to be was in love with another woman and I was never going to be in his heart. Thank the lords though. I do not want to marry Aaron and you were the perfect excuse to leave.” My mouth was open slightly. How could she have exactly known? She had barely been here for a month.

“To go marry Easton.” Aaron looked joyous. “I also have observed you too. The way you interact, there is some forgotten love between the two of you. Maybe not so forgotten.”  There was another gasp and everyone turned away from me to John. He was as shocked as I was.

King Xavier was red with outrage. “You cannot call off this wedding Anne. I refuse to leave today without witnessing a wedding.”

Anne smiled at her father. “Yes of course father. I promise father you will not leave here today without witness a wedding.” Anne turned to the priest and whispered something into his ear. The priest smiled brightly, nodding his head and started turning the pages of his bible. Anne went over to Ella and her sister Elizabeth, and whispered something in their ears. Ella was smiling like a fool when Anne had finished and nodded her head eagerly.