Chapter 4 ..:.. Sisters

A/N- This story is a short story with an official cast. You create your own cast in your mind if you like though I will not be creating one officially. Enjoy! 

“Miss, are you coming? Lady Ella is waiting and she is not very patient.” Jeanette was holding my travelling bag, filled with two changes of corsets, skirts, clocks, shoes and jewellery.

Ella was taking her Ladies into the town for a two night stay. Her old friend, Lord Easton from England had been touring Spain and Rome, until he decided he wanted to see Ella again. The Queen had allowed Ella to go, with three of her Ladies.

"I'm coming Jeanette. Just collecting the ink bottle I left."

"Why on Earth would you bring ink?" Jeanette frowned, eyeing my white skirts. I laughed.

"Ella wanted to borrow some, as she didn't have any more blue." I clutched the tiny bottle in my hands and followed Jeanette out to the carriage. We were to take to take to carriages, one with Ella and I, and our bags, while the other ladies would take the other. I could not understand why we couldn't just ride in one, but as I sat in the tiny carriage, I understood why.

I started to rearrange my skirts when Ella stepped in. She smiled at me briefly, before turning to her seat. “Aren’t you just excited Riella? Lord Easton is a wonderful man and we get a trip to town out of his visit! Lord Easton is also single and looking for a wife. He is very high up in England’s society.” She tapped my knee and raised her eyebrows suggestively.

“Are you suggesting something Ella?” I pretended to be offended.

“Of course I am. You’d do well. And you can’t get a better husband. Unless you count my brother of course. Aaron, not Ronald. He is so...ugh.” I giggled. Aaron and Ella had always gotten on better than anyone else. Prince Ronald had always been quiet, unsurely one while Princess Lily had always been riddled with illness. No one believes she will live past her thirteenth birthday.  

“What do you think of Aaron?” Ella’s tone turned serious and I looked at her in shock. I didn’t know what to say.

“I think Prince Aaron is well educated man, who will make a great ruler of France, an amazing husband to Princess Anne and is a kind person.” I struggled, my throat chocking back the sob. I blink, holding back the tears. I wanted Aaron to be my amazing husband.

“I know about you and Aaron Riella. He told me. We’re closer than anyone thinks.” I gaped, speechless. “Aaron really loves you Riella. I hope you know that. When you broke it off, he came into my room and was almost in tears. He can barely sleep or eat. He doesn’t love Anne, she doesn’t compare to you.”

I didn’t respond. ‘She doesn’t compare to you.’ I stared out of the window, clutching the bottle of ink tightly.

The ink! I quickly placed it in Ella hands. “Here. I almost forgot about the ink you requested. Blue, shade number 6 The one you like.” She smiled gratefully, gently tucking the bottle into her satchel. She gently touched my hand, giving me a warm smile.

“I truly didn’t mean to upset you Riella. Or get Aaron into more trouble. I’m just saying, I’d prefer you over Princess Anne any day. She is a really snotty princess.” I forced a smile, patting her gloved hand and returned back to the window. I pulled the curtain across as the sun peaked through.  

I gently leaned my head against the carriage walls and closed my eyes. I was so glad I wore my hair down today.

-&-