Into the Depths

Jaune awoke to the sound of something sniffing him

He carefully opened his eyes, the harsh sunlight meeting him as he did.

How long have we been out?

Judging by the sun and the lack of mobs I'd say it's about mid day, so not too long.

Jaune looked down at the thing that awoke him, it was a small bunny rabbit, which didn't seem alarmed by the armed man staring down at it.

That's, weird. They don't normally go up to people do they?

No, but that's it fault, we need food to heal our wounds.

True enough jaunes arm still was pretty badly cut up, with shards of what remained of his sword sticking out of it. He also sustained multiple more blunt wounds from his shadowy friend, getting sent flying across a desert into a mountain left some marks.

He had minimal food, that wasn't anything new. But if he was to continue on to try to get out of this desert, and heal his wounds, he needed all the food he could get. It was either kill this bunny and continue on, or face the risk of starving to death.

But it's so cute!

We don't have time for this, we need that food.

As much as he didn't want to, Jaune knew it was his survival or this rabbits. Carefully he took his axe out, careful not to startle to rabbit.

He raised his blade high, closing his eyes so he didn't have to look into those innocent eyes of the rabbit. He swung his axe downward, the only conformation that he had hit his target was the pained cry of the rabbit and the feeling of a cold piece of meat hitting his leg.

Let's hope that's enough food, I don't want to kill anymore rabbits.

I doubt it's enough for our entire journey, but I'm sure it's enough to heal our wounds

Jaune snacked on his raw food, while not extremely nutritious and healthy it was something. He could try and cook it, but the only reliable method of doing that required a furnace and fuel. While he had no shortage of a furnace, fuel was harder to come by.

He had a bit of wood left over from when he was in the grassy plains that was his spawn, but he wasn't about to waste the only thing he could use to make fires and tools on cooking food.

If, no when, he got out of this god forsaken desert he would be able to use wood to cook food along with other things. But until then it was a precious

God this is boring!

What's so boring? Were just trying to get out of this desert.

Yeah but still, we're just walking! And what comes after? What will we do once we leave beacon

Jaunes walking halted as he pondered that statement. What was after this? So far he had been so occupied with escaping the desert he hadn't even thought about what came next.

He could make a home and settle down? No, that didn't fit him at all, he craved adventure after all.

Perhaps he would just continue to wander, this was a brand new world he was free to explore after all.

Jaunes train of thought was interrupted by the sound of something strange as he took his next step. He glanced down at his feet to see them sinking in the sand

Oh shit

Move!

Jaune was far too late to heed the voices warnings, as the ground beneath him gave in to his weight and fell. Jaune was now falling into a cave, a position he did not want to be in.