Standfast

(OH IM GOD IM ALIVE!)

Jaune walked around the dark cave he had found himself in, wielding his iron sword in one hand and a torch in another. He was currently trying to find his way out of the cave, there was nothing down here worth starving for. He already had minimal food as is, and there was nothing to eat underground.

Well this sucks, we've been wandering forever!

There has to be a way out, we will find it eventually

And if we don't?

We starve

Well that sounds amazing, I think we should not do that

Agreed, starving to death would not be a pleasant way to go

Jaune continued through the oddly deserted cave, with only his own thoughts and the squeaks of bats to keep him company

Where did all the monsters go?

They seem to dislike the sun, so they stay in caves all day and go out at night.

So that means when we go outside we'll be swarmed by monsters, hurray

It's either swarmed in enclosed areas or swarmed in an open area.

Jaune continued through the cave, following his instincts and mining whatever useful things he finds.

Hey look more coal! We should mine it!

Yeah, because we don't have enough of that, seriously is this cave only coal!

Perhaps it's because we are not deep enough to find more valuable resources. Coal is found closer to the surface compared to other ores

But we are still finding some iron!

Iron probably is found around the same level

Jaune was taken away from his voices by the sound of a loud horn, startling him.

Are monsters intelligent enough to do that?

Not from what we've seen, but it's possible

Jaune followed the sounds to an exit from the cave, where he strangly saw light

Light? I thought it was night?

It is

Then how could there be-

It's not light, it's fire

Jaune ran out of the cave to come face to face with the largest group of monsters he had ever seen.

They seemed to span for miles, zombies, creepers, skeletons, and even some of those strange tall black creatures. They were all behind some strange grey creatures, who were wielding weapons varying from crossbows to axes. They were also riding giant creatures, which seemed to be bigger versions of themselves crossed with horses.

They all were lined up outside a medium sized village, made from the sand that it surrounded. The village was surrounded by a giant wall, which was made from some stone and wood. The occupants of the village were very similar to the grey creatures that were attacking, only a more human color when compared to their adversaries.