Escape from darkness

Sorry for the delay, this story is hard to write

"Speaking"
-voices-
——————

Breathe in, then out, repeat. In out, repeat. In out repeat

That's all that was going through Jaunes mind as he sat on the floor of the cave, completely shell shocked from his latest encounter with the beasts of this new world.

That thing was easily more terrifying then any Grimm Jaune had encountered, making the death stalker seem like a child in comparison.

Why? The death stalker was bigger, much bigger, and have visible weapons on it. The thing he just encountered had nothing that could visibly hurt him, bedsides it's giant hands and maybe antlers.

No, it wasn't the threat of the beast, but rather the way it could hurt him. It was something Jaune had been slowly noticing since coming to thing place, the lack of healing and protection from it, it all made sense now.

He had no aura

It was like it had been taken from him when he stepped into this world, it didn't make any sense yet it had to be. The wounds he had taken, the cold and starvation that threatened him, these were all things that wouldn't have happened if he had aura.

It was just, gone.

He was like any normal civilian, but instead of living his normal life he was fighting for his life in a new forgein world that wanted him dead.

It was not a pleasant feeling, to be trapped and afraid, but he had to rise above it. If only so he could live to see another sunrise, then he would continue on.

Jaune shakily rose to his feet, and assessed his equipment.

His iron armor was slightly cracked in all places, with his helmet being near shards at this point.

Besides the armor, all he had on him body was a pair of Jeans from beacon, a self made green hoodie, and a pair of black sneakers.

His tools were no better, with his iron pickaxe having a large crack going down the center, but it seemed still usable. But it wouldn't last.

His axe was still fine, having not been used much, but that might be his only defense soon. His shield was fine, only having a few cracks, Jaune counted himself lucky at the minimal damage to his most useful defense option.

His sword was gone, on the other side of the gravel mound he had just toppled, there was no retrieving it. Not while that monster could still be lurking around.

Besides his tools he had some wood, a few sticks, a crafting table and two furnaces along with some coal and stone. He also had some backup iron and 12 diamonds he had mined down here, which he would eventually fashion into some armor. His food reserves were dangerously low, Jaune only had 5 rabbit meat to his name.

It wouldn't last him long, but it didn't need to as long as Jaune could get out of here. Once he was above ground he could gather more food, and likely find a place where he could build himself a house and settle down.

Of course he still had the glowing apple, something he was very hesitant to even hold much less think about using it.

After all, he only had one.

Jaune didn't really have any reason to think it was valuable, it was gold and shining so that had to mean something. Right?

-golden things are usually valuable, like gold coins and pirate treasure!-

-there's no point of wasting something we only have one of and no way to get more of, unlike with the pearl where we could have gotten more if we needed it-