Moving in // 1

-Wednesday 4:32am
It's your fault. You did this. Your mother is the one having to suffer... she's innocent. You ran, you ran away from your problems. You know yourself that she's falsely accused.

"No! No! I didn't mean it!" my eyes jolt open, sweat began dripping down my face. The nightmares won't stop. The voices won't stop. Warm tears began to form and i didn't have the strength to fight them. So I pulled my knees to my chest and cried my heart out. My pants began soaking up my emotions. Someone... please help me. Before I make another mistake.

-Tuesday 11:51am
My bags hung beside my legs as I stumbled through the front door of Addison Apartments, this is a fresh start. It's something I needed. My keys that were looped through my index finger jingled as I try not to drop any of my belongings. A small keyring was attached that read: room 404.

"Hello y/n! It's nice to see you settling in," A creaking mailbox opened, greeting me with the kind face of Mr Addison.

"Hey Mr Addison, I'm loving the place so far. These are the last few things I need to say I've fully moved in! " I smile as I head past to meet the elevator. Using my knuckle I press the button, soon after I hear a 'ding'.

It felt like only seconds had passed and I was already on my floor, stood in front of my apartment door. I just barely got the key to the lock with the struggle of holding so many things. As it swung open it was like a breath of fresh air. No more running. This is home. It wasn't the homeliest of homes just yet - boxes were scattered throughout every room... but with some time, this place is going to be amazing. I just know it!

The bags I had in my hand got pushed aside for now, I'll deal with unpacking everything later on. Exploring is top of my list, this place has a backstory, and I'm invested in finding out all the secrets Addison apartments hold. Oh, and meeting some of my neighbours may come in handy. Making sure I lock the door behind me, I head out to start meeting new people. My current floor seemed quiet, not much could be heard nor seen, I decided to just start on a completely different one.

Once again, the elevator doors open and I hear the ding. Almost instantly I was met by the welcoming face of Lisa, the janitor here at Addison apartments. We spoke of the ordinary 'hello, nice to meet you' exchanged names, and what floors we were on, until she started mentioning her son, Larry. "You should go meet him! Here's a keycard for the basement," She finishes, handing me the card. "Will do," we say our goodbyes, and I press the elevator button once again.

I rummaged through my jean pockets trying to find a quarter; that chocolate bar was begging to be eaten. For fuck sake... I bash the vending machine with some hope that it would randomly fall. It didn't.

The only door that was down here was in front of me. Slight music could be heard from where I was, it sounded pretty good to be honest. Hesitantly, I knocked. "It's open Sal!" A voice said in response to my knock. "Um, I'm not a Sal, I'm a y/n," I tried to not embarrass myself. "Who's a y/n?" The door opens. "Hey, your mother gave me a card to come down and see you, I've just moved in and wanted to meet the neighbours, " I smile as I lay out my hand for him to shake. Larry grabs my hand, pulling me into a quick hug before letting go. "I knew I recognised you from somewhere, I've seen you leave before, I'm assuming to move your stuff, "  I nod as he holds the door wider and invites me in.

The music was now more silenced. His room was coated in posters, 'SF' I thought... Must be some sort of band. I noticed a large amount of paint and spare canvases too. One was on the easel, drying away. "That's really good," I point it out as I sat on his bed. "I know they are," he grins from the beanbag he was sprawled on, making me chuckle. "Anyway, how's things been at the apartments so far? Anything interesting happen? Any chance you've seen any ghosts?," he raises an eyebrow at me. "I mean, I've only been here not even Half a day, so I'll hold that thought, and let you know when I see a demon," i sarcastically reply, making him smile and roll his eyes.

*knock knock* his bedroom door shook slightly. "Is that a Sal this time?" Larry questions. "Um, yes, it's a Sal, there's a new girl in room 404, and I think we should go say hello" a mumbled voice says from behind the wood. "Come in," Larry shouts. The door creaks open and a blue haired teen strolls through. Upon his face sat some sort of mask, a prosthetic maybe? I wasn't going to ask questions, so I jokingly said: "I guess I beat you to it," He stood in awe, staring at me - Didn't say a word. Suddenly Larry coughs, snapping Sal out of it. "H-hello, I'm Sal, nice to meet you," he finally blurts out "My names Y/n, and you too," I smile.

"Well these games aren't gonna play themselves!" Larry tosses the controller to Sal and they begin playing. I took the time to take a closer look at the boys. Sals blue hair fell just bellow his shoulders, and his maroon jeans hugged his legs. He also wore a long sleeved black shirt. And of course, he had on his mask, I'm still assuming it to be a prosthetic. Larry on the other hand, wore more brown colours. And a t-shirt that has 'sf' plastered on the front, just as his walls. His hair was also relatively long, only a little longer than Sals.

"Fuck you!" The blue haired boy screams, jumping to his feet. Larry begins hysterically laughing. "Better luck next time dude," he manages to blurt out. "Hey y/n, wanna have a go?" He notices me sitting quiet, and attempts to give me the controller. "No I'm good thanks," I say, slightly pushing it away. "Your just scared that Sal will beat you, don't worry, he's awful," Larry whispered the last bit. "Hey! I heard that!" Sal yells. I giggle and take the controller out of his hand. "And the game is on..." Larry dramatically announces...

After hearing Larry commentate overly loud for the past five minutes, I won. "This game is rigged!" Sal nearly throws the controller. "Or, I'm just better than you, " I tease. I could see Sal squint his eyes at me through his mask. "Is that a challenge?" his voice was stern. I squint my eyes back, "yes."

Even after a rematch, Sal couldn't beat me. He says he will get me back someday, one way or another. All 3 of us took turns and played through many, many video games. I see potential friendships with these two. I'm loving my new home already.