The girl she once was // 5

3 years earlier...

Y/n hung around with the wrong types of people. People who did drugs, broke into shops, stole, they even attempted to steal a car once, but that was before Y/n knew them. (of course not anything such as murder... right?) They were known as the bullies throughout school. One girl in particular got the worst of it...poor Emma. The group was made up of 4 girls turning into 5 when they met Y/n. She hung out with them pretty much every day, mainly because if she didn't, they would turn against her. They made her feel threatened, it was like walking on egg shells around them. It was late into the night and they were doing their weekly smoking/drug session in the dark area of the street. Y/n spotted Emma heading home from what she assumed a night with her friends maybe? she just prayed no one else saw her... ''Hey look who it is...'' A girl grins. Emma practically got jumped by the drugged teens. Y/n kept out of it for the most part, until...

''Here,'' One of the girls says, holding a knife in her hand. why was she even holding one? It's like this was all planned. Y/n's mind raced as she took it.

''Do it,'' She grins. Y/n looks at the beat up girl and just couldn't do it, she pleads to the group to leave her alone and let her go. But they protested that she did it. They threatened her family, her friends and even her.

''Would you rather that be you on the floor instead?'' They wouldn't stop. Her head was pounding, she began getting scared for her life and- it all happened so fast. In her head she told herself that she didn't mean it, but by the way she continued to inject the knife into that girls chest... She was lying to herself.

The girls screams could be heard for possibly miles. The group ran. And left y/n there, looking just as guilty as she was. Something inside of y/n came out in that moment, she wasn't herself. She was her father. A criminal. A low life. A murderer.

Y/n's POV:

The way she screamed made me feel powerful, and I needed to hear it again, and again. and again. and again. and- wait. Why has she stopped. Scream bitch. F-Fuck. Sirens began flooding into the street, red and blue lights with it. Who the fuck called the police?! I was straddling the girl, knife still in hand. I need to run. And I did so. I ran. I ran for miles, into a forest nearby.. I had a lighter in my pocket from the weed we had been smoking, and an idea came to mind. I stripped, and burned every single piece of evidence. "I loved that shirt..." I mutter as I watch it burn away. I felt like i had done this before. I knew exactly what to do. It felt strange but it made me feel alive. ''This is the most fun i've had in months,'' i laugh as i stare at the dancing flames. About 2 hours passed. The night was cold, and it had gone quiet. I was sat on a log next to the burnt out fire in my undergarments. I have to get home before my mother wakes up and notices I'm still gone...

Sneaking through the front door I made sure to keep the knife close. All the lights were off. Let's just hope she doesn't hear me... I slowly turn the kitchen tap, splashing the water against my bloody face, washing all the evidence down the drain, and also making sure to clean the knife. ''I'll hold onto you as a little souvenir,'' i creep up into my room and hide the knife under one of my pulled up floorboards. I threw on some clean clothes and lay in my bed.

I had just murdered someone, and i hate to admit. But I enjoyed it.