17

George awakes the next morning at around 8 AM. He lays on his side, Dream is curled around him and holds him tightly. His head is buried into the back of George's neck, his wavy hair a floppy mess.

He tries to wriggle out of his grip to not disturb Dream. The paranoia in him forces him to remove himself. Anyone could see them together. Dream let's out a small, complaining grunt and tightens his grip.

George, now trapped, lightly shakes Dream's arms. Dream groans again before suddenly jumping back from George as he is awoken, loosening his grip significantly.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to- I was asleep," Dream desperately tries to explain himself while half asleep, not that George cared. He unwraps his arms from George and props himself up against the headboard, sinking into a stack of pillows.

George stretches out on the bed and rubs his eyes, yawning.

"It's okay," he turns to smile at Dream. A disheveled, yet attractive man stares back at him. His hair a mess and his clothes wrinkled, eyes barely open. "Good morning."

Dream briefly smirks back. He runs his hands through his hair, brushing it out of his eyes. He yawns into his hand.

"I hope you slept okay."

"I did. I fell right asleep and didn't wake up once," George giggles to himself, "Probably because your mattress is so comfy."

Dream rolls his eyes. "No other reason? None that you could think of?"

"Hm," George places a finger on his chin, pretending to think. "Nope!"

"You're such an idiot."

Dream lazily tosses a pillow at George, to which he grabs and rotates onto his stomach, placing his head on the pillow. He stares up at Dream who's eyelids flutter softly. His head leans back onto the wall, stretching his jawline up towards the ceiling.

"I think I'm gonna take a shower and get ready for the day."

Dream hums in response.

"You can go back to sleep if you want, I just want to leave before- just forget about it. I'll let you rest." George dismiss his original thought and begins to crawl out of the bed. Dream quickly brushes the top of George's head to say goodbye.

George quietly scampers out of Dream's room. Dream slinks back down to his bed, quickly falling into another deep sleep.

~~~

A soft jumble of muffled noises echoes into Dream's room, causing him to wake up once more. He rolls over to see his alarm clock which reads 9:30 AM. He stretches and rolls around on his bed for a bit, trying to find motivation to get up. Remembering he gets to see George is all he needs for him dart out of his bed and start getting ready for the day.

He quickly rinses off in the shower and gets dressed. He heads out towards the others. He walks down the hallway and his friends come into view. They sit around the kitchen island, having some coffee and chatting.

A jittery feeling flows through Dream, seeing George doesn't help. He can't remember the last time he felt this good, it's like a switch flipped.

He approaches the unsuspecting trio sitting around the kitchen from behind. He heads straight for George.

Dream wraps his arms around George's neck and upper chest, smiling into his hair. George lurches forward at his touch, automatically bringing his hands up to wrap around his forearms. A smile forms across his face as well.

"Dream," George laughs lightly.

Dream forces himself to let go, giving George's hand a squeeze as they drop. He moves on to Sapnap and Karl, giving them a hug as well. They nervously chuckle, giving each other confused glances.