21

Dream tosses his car keys on the cold countertop, it makes a sharp clatter. They slowly pull off their shoes and jackets, tossing them around the entryway in a disorganized fashion.

The TV in their living room is turned off, their blank reflections staring back at them. The game must have ended sometime while they were gone. Dream's heart drops slightly realizing his friends may have wondered where they went to.

A soft light casting streaks of light across his floor from his pantry flicks off, a crinkling noise emits from inside. A man emerges, clearly startled.

"Oh, there you are," Sapnap says with his hands full of various chip bags. He stands in the kitchen, looking like he was just caught in the act. "Where did you guys even go?"

George looks to Dream, "uh."

"Out," Dream cuts George off before the conversation has a chance to progress. Sapnap lifts his eyebrows, accepting the answer, and begins to walk towards the streaming room.

"Where are you getting off to?" Dream snickers, raising an eyebrow. He walks closer to the countertop, grabbing his keys and wrapping the lanyard around his fingers.

"We're streaming," Sapnap shouts while walking farther away.

Dream shoots George a look of nervous interest.

"How long have you been live?"

Sapnap turns around, his eyes looking up as he thinks.

"Not long, you guys actually made it right on time."

"Oh, are we joining the stream? It's getting kind of late..." George cautiously asks Sapnap. He scratches his bicep, studying Dream's face to see if he felt the same way.

"Late? It's 9 PM," Sapnap explains in disbelief. His voice becomes reassuring. "Besides, Karl got us all Monsters so we should be fine. And we don't have the face-cam on so feel free to join whenever."

Dream breaths a quick sigh of relief, not having the face-cam definitely helps ease his anxiety surrounding streams.

Sapnap disappears into the room, the familiar sound of Karl singing a song enters the hallway as the door is opened. It brings in comfort to all of them, for a reason they don't understand.

"Are you gonna join?" Dream breaks the silence, raising an eyebrow at George.

George hums, "I mean, I'm quite tired to be completely honest. But seeing that Karl was prepared for that..."

"I guess it can't hurt."

"I'll be there if you are."

"Same."

George yawns after their agreement and rubs the tiredness from his eyes.

"I think I'm gonna go and get into some pajamas that way I can go to bed right after," George yawns again and motions to his room over his shoulder.

Dream nods his head, telling him that he'd be with Karl and Sapnap. George turns to get changed, trudging tiredly across the wooden floor.

Dream quietly opens the door, not wanting to disturb anything. A furry object darts past his feet as soon as the door opens. Patches marches over to Sapnap, jumping up to his lap immediately.

Sapnap and Karl coo over the sight before greeting Dream. Dream looks at the monitor. Karl is streaming on his alt account with the title "late night stream." The chat picks up pace for a moment, excited with the new developments.

"Here," Karl passes Dream a monster. He instinctively opens it into the mic before taking a sip.

"Thanks," Dream clicks his tongue.