19

After dinner, the group drives back home, the windows open and soft music playing. The night sky lights up with stars, almost no clouds. They feel restless upon their return. A little stuffed and wanting to move, the decide to go on a quick walk.

Despite it being late at night, it is abnormally hot and humid. The streets are almost empty, only the occasional car passing by. Taking the empty streets to their advantage, they run around, racing against the radar speed sign to see who could get the numbers the highest. Dream naturally outruns all of them, his long legs acting like motors.

Sapnap tries to argue that he has an unfair advantage, George agrees full-heartedly. Karl giggles uncontrollably, finding it humerus how much they cared. He suggests a redo, Dream still wins with Karl pulling in second and Sapnap after him. George finishes last, out of breath and a little frustrated.

A thick layer of sweat accumulates on their bodies after the long walk and numerous races. Their clothes stick and tiny beads of sweat run across their faces.

Karl gags and insists that he gets to shower first. Sapnap disagrees. The two bicker about it while George peacefully walks along. Dream laughs knowing he has his own shower.

They continue their walk home and scramble for the house as soon as it comes into sight. The AC surrounds them and instantly cools them off. Karl races towards the shower, Sapnap right on his tail. Sapnap manages to slip into the bathroom, but Karl yanks him out and darts in instead, locking the door behind him. He has a crazy laugh that can be heard throughout the entire house, Sapnap just groans.

Dream and George part ways.

Dream enters his own room, stripping off his damp clothes and starting up the shower. He purposely keeps the water a freezing cold. He begins to realize how tired he is.

Afterwards, he slips into some sweatpants and a t-shirt. He immediately pops in his earbuds, listening to some music and settling into his desk chair. He scrolls through Twitter to pass the time.

A sudden muffled shouting is picked up by Dream's ears. He scowls and removes an earbud from his ear. The shouting becomes louder. He shoots up from his chair and darts out to the hallway. He tightly grips and hangs from the doorframe, leaning out to see what is going on.

He scans the hallway to. His eyes meet George leaning against the wall of the bathroom holding a bundle of clothes, shouting to someone inside. George scoffs and rolls his eyes.

"Uh, everything okay?" Dream cautiously asks. He pulls himself closer to the doorframe, resting the side of his head on the cold wood.

"I've been waiting like an hour to use the bathroom, and now Sapnap won't get out," George groans. A loud cackle comes from behind the door, barely audible through the running water of the shower. George suddenly shouts back to the person in there. "You're gonna use up all the hot water! Come on just let me take a shower." He impatiently jiggles the doorknob.

Dream laughs silently, closing his eyes as tiredness creeps it's way back in. George looks at him in despair, his clothes he has yet to change out of sticking to his body.

"I'm done with my bathroom for night, you could use the shower in there."

"Are you sure?"

Dream hums in response, signaling for George to follow him. They disappear into the dark room, a waft of warm and humid air hitting them from Dream's recent shower.

"It's just in there, you can use the shampoo and whatever else is in there," Dream waves his hand at the door, standing awkwardly at the foot of his bed.

George smiles back, crossing his hands in front of him. Dream gazes into his eyes, forgetting about time. He shakes his head briefly a moment later, searching for words.

"I guess I should leave and let you get cleaned up. Sorry," Dream quickly breathes and goes to exit his room.

"You can stay," George softly whispers, peering at Dream.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I can always shut the door to the bathroom. But thanks."

"No problem," Dream gulps and scratches the back of neck.

George weakly smiles and turns to enter the bathroom, closing the door only slightly so that it remains open a crack. Soon after, the sound of water escapes into the main room. A puff of steam billows out from the crack.

Dream settles into his desk, trying to ignore the urge to take peaks at the door. He pops his earbuds back in and closes his eyes, letting the music soothe his nerves.

The water runs to a trickle, making a gurgling noise as it runs down the drain. The fan shuts off, leaving the room painfully quiet. A soft rustling emits from the bathroom as George puts on his clothes. Dream takes a deep breath.

George steps out onto the soft carpet, his large sweatpants dragging across the floor and his oversized hoodie falling past his fingertips. He walks past Dream, sending a draft of air that smells of warm vanilla and cinnamon blowing past him. He lifts his nose into the air, internally smiling at the thought of George using things that smelled like him. It was almost like he had been with him long enough leave it on him.

"Is that you that smells good?"

George quickly sputters a laugh out though a tightly closed mouth. Dream grins and lightly laughs along with him, blushing slightly in response to his own weird question.

"Hm, I don't know," George trails his hand along the top of Dream's bed as he slowly turns to face him. He bites his bottom lip, his mouth curving into a smile. "Maybe you should come and check."

Dream exhales sharply, taking out his earbuds and standing up from his chair. A smirk plasters across his face. He approaches the smaller male, carefully placing his hands on George's hips and pulling him against his chest. His heart flutters, no more hiding. No one else is there. He doesn't have to worry about anyone seeing.

"It's definitely you," Dream smiles.

George brings his hands up, letting the big hoodie fall around his forearms. He places them on the sides of Dream's face, pulling him into a kiss. Dream removes one hand to tip George's chin upwards. Their lips slowly move in motion with one another.

They break from the kiss, staring deeply into each other's eyes. Dream tightly holds George's small body against his, slowly rubbing his back. George smiles into his neck. He feels tiny and protected by the tall man surrounding him.

"Goodnight, George."

"I'll see you in the morning."

The two separate, grasping each other's arms for a moment. George walks out of the room. Dream can't help but chuckle at the sight- George looks even smaller in his large clothes, innocently walking away. Butterflies soar in his stomach. His lips tingle. What am I getting myself into?