22

TW//mentions of alcohol and drug use, slight nsfw
Buckle up folks, it's gonna be a long one.

Dream smacks his bedside table, searching for the object making the painful noise. His hand fumbles across his alarm clock, pressing snooze. He rolls over under his covers in attempt to fall back asleep. He dozes in and out of consciousness, until his alarm clock goes off once more. This time he is unable to go back to bed.

He groans and reaches for his phone. Several notifications gathered during the night. He ignores the majority of them, scrolling to find something important. His eyes land on a specific message.

It reads, "are you free tonight?"

He scowls at it, reading the name. His eyebrows raise after registering who it is. It came from his friend and his neighbor of many years, Jonathon.

Clay: I think so, what's up?

A tiny text bubble pops up before he receives a message in response.

Jonathon: I'm hosting a get together and wanted to invite you

Dream picks at his lip, curling his legs up underneath him.

Clay: when you say "get together" does that mean a party?

Jonathon: yes, are you down?

Clay: I would but I actually have some friends in town:/

Dream was never one to party much. He'd go to the occasional one but it never was a big interest to him. Too many bad memories with being drunk or high to ruin the the good ones. But then again, he had fun at them, even if he ended up with a massive headache and sick out of his mind.

Jonathon: bring them along! The more people the better

Clay: I'll talk to them and let you know

Dream is unsure whether or not his friends would want to go. Nothing like going to party at a strangers house in an area you've never been to before. He's sure that Sapnap would go, he's always down to do whatever. But Karl and George may not be so up for it. Karl had stated before that parties weren't his scene during one of their chats long ago. And George might want to leave that stuff in a past life.

Sighing, Dream heads out of his room and out into the main room. His hair and clothes remain a mess, but he doesn't really mind. The only thing on his mind is getting to some caffeine, and saying hello to a certain person.

He enters the room, only to see everyone else there. He puts on a smile but grits his teeth, frustrated that he doesn't have the area to himself. He'd have to go a night and morning without being near George or talking to him the way he wishes he could. He resists the pull towards George and resists the urge to wrap his arms around him.

He says his greetings before moving over to the coffee maker, feeling slightly better after seeing some was already made. He grabs a mug and quickly drinks a cup of the dark liquid.

Dream casually begins to slide in questions regarding the evening coming up. He comes to the conclusion that they have no plans and it was open for grabs. He nervously asks them about the party. Surprisingly, George and Sapnap immediately agree. Unsurprisingly, Karl is skeptic. With some convincing from his friends and reassurance that they could leave whenever, he agrees.

They make plans for their departure and Dream let's Jonathon know of their plans.

~~~

The day passed an night approaches. They slowly prepare for the party, picking up some drinks and getting dressed.

They begin the short walk over to Jonathons house, the streets getting busier and busier as they continue on. Cars line the sides of the streets, several houses away and spaced apart from their destination. They can hear music coming from inside the house and see lots of bright, colorful lights.