30

"Can I talk to you for a moment?" He sets his pool cue against the wall, piercing his eyes into Dream. "In private?"

Dream stops chalking the end of the cue at the feeling of a flutter in his stomach.

"Uh, yeah, sure." He sets his things down and shrugs meekly at Sapnap as he disappears into a room down the hall.

George opens the door to his bedroom, a serious look on his face and ushers for Dream to enter. He shuts the door behind him, pushing Dream farther into the room.

The air feels heavy. Dream can feel his mouth run dry in nervousness. He walks forward, refusing to give George a reaction.

Dream traces his fingers along the edge of the desk located in the corner of the room.

"So," Dream clears his throat and innocently asks, "what did you need to talk to me about?"

"I think you know." George crosses his arms.

"I don't know what you are talking about," Dream lightly smiles at him as he steps back against a wall.

George drops his arms down and rolls his eyes in disgust. "Yes you do. Why don't you explain what on earth you were doing out there?"

Dream licks his lips as a small smile forms across his face. "What do you think I was doing?"

"This isn't funny."

"Really? What is it then?"

George searches for words that aren't there, his eyes dart between emptiness and the man in front of him .

"I don't understand why you do this. Why you think it's okay to do all that to me, especially after everything and with everyone around like that. I've said it before and I'll say it again; you are so unbelievably naive," he pauses, waving his hands in the air in frustration. "You can't seem to wrap your head around the issue with what you were doing," he hisses. George steps closer to Dream, fighting the urge to raise his voice. "We told them- we said that there was nothing going on."

Dream raises an eyebrow, giving into the silence following the harsh words. His words leave a bitter taste in his mouth. We said that there was nothing going on.

"Oh, so would it be wrong to say there is nothing going on?" Dream stands upright, picking apart George's words and finding anyway to get him to crack.

"No, that's not what-" George stammers out.

"Because I thought we came to an agreement that we would stop, that there is no longer anything between us anymore, right?" Dream stares him down, mouth slightly agape. George looks downwards in shame. Dream's drops his voice to a soft hush, "so what's this about?"

"I already told you."

"You did, but I have a feeling that's not the truth."

"What?" George's voice raises slightly in confusion.

"Tell me, George," Dream studies every inch of George's face. Eyes low and avoiding his, his lower lip quivering slightly. Dream remains calm, curious for more.

"I told you that I don't understand why you think it's okay to do that with everyone here," George responds firmly, glaring holes into Dream's eyes.

"Does it frustrate you that I was doing that?"

"Yes." George eagerly responds.

"And why's that?" Dream asks him, his voice low and heavy. George inhales deeply, darting his eyes away from Dream. His words tie his insides into knots. His body seems to pull him in a tempting warmth.