24

The thousands of viewers quickly pile into the stream. Sapnap and Karl wait patiently in their seats, sending the occasional glance to the empty seats next to them. Their stomachs twist just thinking about addressing the situation.

Not much was said since the incident at the door, they had nothing to say. They simply left them to deal with themselves. They had faith that it would all be okay.

Karl greets the chat and takes a sip from his Monster. Sapnap nods along, reading the chat.

"Where's George?" He reads aloud, "Dream and George might be a little late today. They were in the middle of something, but they should be out soon."

Karl scratches the back of his neck and puts on some music in attempt to hide the awkwardness. Sapnap begins to talk about random things to pass the time.

A moment later, footsteps approach from behind the door.

George slowly opens the door and scans the room. Karl turns his head around on the palm of his hand, flashing him an unamused glance. George gulps.

At the noise of the door opening, Sapnap reaches to turn off the camera without paying them any attention. He continues on with his sentence, trying to act as normal as possible.

George quickly shuffles into the room and Dream follows closely behind him. They settle into their spots, Dream pulls his legs up and nervously fidgets with his pants. Sapnap turns the face cam back on. He sends a look to George, expecting him to explain his and Dreams absence.

George lifts his head higher and sits up straight instantly. He clears his throat. "Sorry I'm late guys, I woke up like thirty minutes ago and was still getting ready." He feels a pressure in his throat. A pang of guilt and embarrassment.

Everyone looks to Dream, wanting to hear his excuse. Dream isn't sure what to say, none of the possible responses flashing through his mind seem quite right. He picks a random one, not really knowing what is going to come out of his mouth. He just lets the first things come out that his mind thinks of.

"Yeah, George and I accidentally slept in today," he quickly says. He immediately feels a a wave of warmth come over him. His heart plummets as he bites his tongue. Out of all the things to say, he said the most suspicious one. George and I. We. Together.

Dream darts his eyes around the room, begging them to move on. George and Karl turn back to the monitor, nodding their heads slowly. But one set of eyes remain which goes unnoticed by Dream. Sapnap's eyes trace down his neck, landing on a purplish-red mark just below the drooping collar of his shirt.

"Anyways," Sapnap suddenly breaks the uncomfortable silence, startling and grabbing the attention of everyone. Dream watches as Sapnap's eyes leave his neck. A small scowl forms as he realizes. Shit. He reaches a hesitant hand up to his shirt and pulls it higher, resting his eyes on the floor in udder regret. "As some of you guys know, we will be doing a Q and A stream. We have had lots of requests to do this and since we didn't have a plan for this stream, we thought 'why not?'"

"It's probably gonna be shorter stream than we anticipated because we have to deal with some stuff," Karl explains to the chat. He unintentionally stretches out the last word, each letter like a smack in the face to George and Dream. He sends a look towards George.

George shifts awkwardly in his seat, flushing a light pink after locking eyes with Karl. He faces his head down, praying that it will go away.

"We are all going to put something up on our stories for you guys to respond to," Sapnap looks around, signaling them to grab their phones and do as he is explaining. "They should be up in a few minutes."