chapter ten (re-write)

chapter ten: basic werewolf knowledge. (Re-written on 03.28.17)

A pic of the lovely Tyler H. Playing Sergio! ^___^

I couldn't believe how fast my life has changed in less then a few hours. I was meant to be at a zoo with my seemingly normal kids! The worst that could've happened at the zoo was trying to stop Yvette from throwing Diggy into the alligator habitat, but no, that's not what was happening. I was still underground escaping with my suddenly five werewolf kiddos from their insane brother who had some personal vendetta against me.

I sighed getting antsy. I wasn't a Dwarf, I didn't particularly like being underground for long periods of time or any amount of time. I had a fear of being underground and suddenly the walls caving in and dying with dirt in my throat. Yeah, I prefer being above ground not under it.

"I see the vault door." Marvin announced after what seemed like a lifetime.

I lost count how far down the noises of a fight halted. Since we were still alive, I assumed the assholes who were after us had either been dealt with or couldn't find the hidden passage way. I wonder how Noel was...he looked badly hurt. My concern grew and I briefly wondered if I was going to get a raise for this.

I snorted quietly and shook my head. I should definitely not be thinking about my pay right now but I would be having a serious talk with Sergio. This was not part of my contract-wait, I didn't sign a contract?

I shook my head, irritated by the stupid thoughts coursing through my head. It didn't take long to reach the large, silver vault doors. "Finally!" Diggy complained, "I'm starving!"

"We were supposed to go to the damn zoo." Yvette grumpily replied.

"I wanted to pet a chicken." Aranel mumbled looking quite sad.

"I wanted to eat a chicken." Ariel said loudly kicking a rock.

We all gave her horrified looks. She looked up and pouted, "Obviously a cooked chicken." She says as if we were stupid to think she would grab a poor chicken and bite its head off, "I just wanted to track it down, snap its neck, and cook it over a raging fire."

I cringed at the crude words, "You definitely watch too much Naked and Afraid, Ariel." I shook my head knowing she would never hurt a living creature besides creepy crawlies.

"I love watching Naked and Afraid." Ariel piped up with a small grin, "Its amusing watching humans trying to survive naked...and afraid." She added the last part with so much dramatic effect that it made everyone laugh.

Marvin quickly punches in the secret six digit code and pushed the large vault door open. Inside was a very lush and well-stocked living area. Combined in this area was a kitchen that I assumed must be fully stocked, a small living area, a door with might lead to the bathroom since an array of bunk beds was on the far side of the enclosed area. I was surprised how well-done and comfortable it was, honestly, I was thinking an extremely small 250 square feet room with bunk beds, a small table, and provisions. I was imaging the bunker in the beginning of Narnia.

The kids immediately called out their beds.

"You guys are sharing." I called out seeing that the bunk beds were queen sized so that they could accommodate two people. "Diggy and Stevie," The boys openly complained, "Ariel and Aranel," The twin girls looked at each.

"You don't wet the bed anymore, do you?" Aranel asked Ariel with a frown.

Ariel's cheeks reddened, "N-No! You promised you'd never bring that up!" Ariel hissed at her sister.