chapter seven (re-write)

chapter seven: The Winter of 1939 Re-written 09.17.16

Warning: There is mention of Jews, Hitler, and Lynching--but nothing like serious or insulting and...not at the same time. So, like, don't bitch about anything. Oh, and mentions of drugs but in a playful manner. 

"Bitch."

"Jerk."

"At least my weave isn't nasty like yours."

"You don't even wear a weave."

It was the next day and I was lounging in my backyard watching my other two best friends, Marcos and Robin, bicker away like usual. I tended to stay out of them mostly because if I sided with one, the other would hold it against me for the rest of a Teen Wolf season. I wasn't sure what had started this argument but I wasn't complaining. These fights got pretty amusing.

Let me introduce you.

Marcos was a man of finer taste. He was s few inches taller then the average male. He had black, smooth messy hair and a pair of crystal blue eyes that had most girls at our school dropping their panties. Sad to say though, those girls were almost always disappointed when Marcos would kindly point out that he preferred the company of men and not stupid teenage girls.

Hey, his words not mine.

Onto the next best friend.

Robin was a woman of finer taste too. Her skin was a darker shade of milk chocolate with short hair that held small curls although she might cut them to a smooth, fresh buzz. She had a pair of round, doe eyes that could trick you into doing anything—trust me, I would know. I've learned to say no to those damned eyes though. Robin was handsome and very well liked among the girls and guys at our school but she was faithfully locked into a relationship with a girl from another school named Lisa.

Of course, we all knew how some high school girls could be and by that I meant, how fake they could be. Even knowing that Robin had a girlfriend and was planning on staying faithful to said girlfriend, they would try to flirt and try their hand at gaining a heart that was already taken.

Bickering aside, we were a well known group through the school. That was mostly due to the fact that we, including Torie, ran the school's G.S.A Club and if you didn't know what that stood for, it stood for: Gay Straight Alliance Club. It was a safe place for anyone. Like any other high school, we had our uneducated idiots that thought we were still in the 70's or 80's and thought being gay was basically a disease.

We couldn't stop all the bullying but we could try, right?

I happened to be the president with Robin as my vice. Thus, gave other schools leverage to scoff at us. They were convinced that someone of the L.G.B.T nature should be president not someone that was heterosexual. It really showed you how much of an asshole someone could be despite their sexual preference. Despite that, we held one of the largest G.S.A Club's in the entire state so; those schools could suck my left nut.

"I could if I wanted to. I'd look good in one, right?" Marcos asked with a frown—as if the question was gravely serious and needed immediate attention. He'd go as far as putting one on just to prove to anyone that he would look good in a weave.

Robin, forgetting their almost hour long bicker, nodded quickly, "Hell, yeah. You'd totally rock it better then some of those ghetto hoes at school. I bet you'd even turn some of the black daddies gay." Robin assured with a smirk—I could see how eager she was to actually make it happen to.

"Rosie?" Marcos turned towards me with blue, pit-bull puppy eyes, "What do you think?" He asked desperate for my approval and reassurance.

I blinked up at him—while Robin and him had been sitting up in a criss cross style, I had been lying down on my side plucking grass and scrolling through my Tumblr. "I think," I said slowly as he leaned in a bit more with widened eyes, "A weave would look ridiculous on you but you'd probably pull it off." I answered honestly.