chapter twenty five (re-wite)

chapter twenty five: coming to terms (re-wtitten on 03.21.18)

To be honest I don't know what happened after my dramatic and badass entrance; I remember flashes but other than that, it was mostly fuzzy. I think my wolf had something to do with it and I wasn't sure why but I was glad, because the few flashes that I did get were full of blood and screams but I did see my werewolf kiddos and they were safe...well, expect for the bruises and cuts on them but besides that, they were rather untouched and would be healed up in a few hours.

Delphine was gone but Viktor was there, he had run from me and I chased after him because I had wanted answers. The wolf that resided within me wanted to rip him to shreds because even though it had been because of Viktor that she/he was even conscious in my mind...they wanted blood because of the agony Viktor put me through.

I don't remember anything after finally tackling down Viktor...but I do remember looking down, my vision hazy to the point of being blurry, my breathing was labored and panting, and I felt light-headed all of sudden...I saw claws, like, my hands were hands but instead of normal fingernails I had claws and they were drenched in blood.

Thinking about it, I think there were pieces of skin amongst my blood-soaked hand and than everything went black. When I came to again it was to the sound of growls and teeth-snapping, I was face-down against the ground but I couldn't move or even feel my body. My inner voice aka my wolf was seething in fury even though I didn't understand why.

I felt like I had been drugged because I had no control over my body and I felt disorientated to hell. I tried lifting my head from the ground but I couldn't even get half an inch up before my head became dead-weight. What was going on? I asked as I heard the thundering of paws and snapping of teeth all around me. Why was I in the middle of a fight and against whom?

"We have to get away from the right before we're hurt." My inner voice growled seeming frustrated with the situation.

What happened? I asked with a hint of desperation.

"We killed Viktor...and Council Guards, who were originally sent to question you because you were illegally changed into a werewolf, caught us ripping Viktor to shreds and put us down. Sergio...came and well, things went south." My wolf murmured softly. My heart stuttered at the mention of Sergio and I inwardly groaned—the dick was going to get an earful that was for sure.

I heard a wolf charging towards my unmoving body and felt sharp teeth sink into my leg—a cry of pain escaping my lips as the pain surged through my system. The familiar snarl—more like roar—that belonged to Sergio echoed through the air and I could feel his body above me and than the blood dripping down onto my body.

My body couldn't move no matter how much I tried to demand to move; it was nerve-wrecking. I was in the middle of a fight between werewolves and I couldn't even defend myself. "Sergio is protecting you." My wolf whispered softly.

After ignoring me and running away when he found out we were mates? I sassed angrily.

"I'm sure he has his reasons." My wolf was a real voice of reason, eh? I guess I should hear out this idiot before passing judgment but I wasn't happy with him at the moment and wouldn't be for a while.

There was a cease in fighting and I heard an unfamiliar male voice remark calmly, "We've had our fun, boys but I think it's time to head back home for now and wait for further orders." Whoever this man was gave out a breathless chuckle, "You better keep that mate of yours close, Alpha Sergio, because she'll have a target on her back for killing Alpha Viktor."