chapter fifteen (re-write)

chapter fifteen: home-coming. (rewritten on 09.13.17)

Sergio kept glancing at me as if I would jump out the car at any given moment. I was staring outside the window watching cars fly by. Las Vegas really had some shit drivers. There was a lot weighing on my mind and I was trying my best not to think about it—it all gave me a headache. I already miss the kids...I hadn't even been gone for a full hour and I was almost ready to tell Sergio to take me back.

"You can stay with your parents as long as you need." Sergio spoke up for the first time in an hour.

I shook my head, "I only need a day or two." I mumbled. Pussy was sleeping soundly in my lap. I almost envied the stupid feline.

"Rose..." Sergio sighed sounding guilty.

"Don't apologize again." I groaned.

Sergio gave me a mild glare, "We're all worried about you, Rose. We obviously don't know how you're feeling but...we feel bad. We threw you into this world without much care...we should've thought this through more clearly before even hiring you. I, at most, feel the worst. I am the one who is responsible for you, Rose. I made the call to hire you and...I feel like an ass." He runs his hand through his hair.

Anguish Sergio was super hot.

Ugh, seriously? I thought to myself with slight disgust and embarrassment, this is definitely not the damn time.

"You couldn't have predicted Scott trying to attack your brothers and sisters, Sergio. You couldn't have predicted any of this. I don't blame you and I don't blame anyone really but I do need some time to figure this out and wrap my head around everything that's happened in the last few days." I told him quietly.

He's nodding before I even finish my statement, "I know and I completely agree...I just worry for my brothers' and sisters' because they love you a lot, Rose. I can't even begin to understand how they could even love someone they just met for less then two weeks so much but they do. I have to try to keep whatever happiness they have and that's you, Rose."

I smile softly, "I know this happened for a reason...I believe in that stuff. Nothing is ever an accident, Sergio. I wouldn't be human if I didn't take some time to wrap my head around this though. This new world...it is taxing." I mumbled the last part to myself.

"I have no doubt that it is especially after finding out that you're—"

"Please, don't say it." I exclaimed almost frantically.

Sergio glanced at me, "Sorry."

I shake my head and sigh deeply, "It's just weird...my thoughts are always on this new supernatural world...I almost feel like I've been dropped into some Twilight/Teen Wolf/Supernatural world." I rub my temples hoping for some relief from this headache.

"I know it sounds harsh but you'll get used to it." Sergio says firmly.

"Easy for you to say." I remarked a bit sourly.

"I'm trying, Rose." Sergio warns.

I look at him, "I know." I tell him before gazing back out the window. Las Vegas from far away was rather pretty. I can see why people were attracted to this place. "Do you have pack members out in the city?" I asked curiously.

Sergio nods, "Yeah, about a few hundred reside in the city. I do give them the option of staying in the Pack village but most opt to stay here." He explains casually.

"Do you get a lot of wolves from other packs asking to join your pack?" I questioned.

He nods thoughtfully, "Yeah, I get a lot of transfer requests from a lot of wolves but I don't approve them for a few months. I have to make sure every wolf I allow to join is safe and reliable enough. There are special cases like single mothers or fathers with pups trying to start a better life and then in that case I grant their transfer very quickly. I have to make sure every wolf is trust-worthy enough to be around humans." He explains and the way he explains it...you could tell there was passion in his voice—the voice of a powerful leader.