chapter twenty two (re-write)

chapter twenty-two: the aftermath (re-written on 02.12.18)78

"Rosie, oh my god..."

A feather-like touch jolted me from my painful sleep. I could somewhat open my eyes but my vision was still blurry and I could only see fumbling colors, almost as if an artist had hastily painted the picture I was seeing. I could smell...

A sob erupted from my lips as the familiar smell of someone I knew hit my senses. No words escaped my mouth but the racking sobs that were beyond my control. Nick held me as gently as he could but even then, the pain was strong. All that I could think was, I was safe...I was safe...I would survive, but at what cost? How badly fucked up was I?

Nick was shushing me softly, "I'm here, no one can hurt you now, Rosie, and you're safe now." He cooed in a tone of voice I never imagined him using. How gruesome of a sight was I? I couldn't imagine...I couldn't imagine how bad I must've been to earn such a reaction from the usually cold Nick.

"Sergio isn't far, Rosie, he's coming." Nick murmured in my ear as he began to rock me back and forth to give me some sort of comfort and I appreciated it, because I could only respond in tears and whimpers. I had no idea what Viktor injected me with but he had intended me to survive despite how baldy Delphine wanted me dead, why?

My thoughts were jumbled and I was aching in pain.

I wanted to rest, I wanted to close my eyes and forget this pain, but at the same time...I needed to know where my kids' were. In my agony and torture, I had begged for my death but hadn't even thought of what was going on with my kids'. The thought made my tired blood boil. I whimpered unable to form words with my mouth.

"Here, drink this." Nick pressed a bottle of water to my lips.

I eagerly accepted the water but recoiled as the water scorched my throat—pain shooting through my body and I cried out in pain. My throat was throbbing and I was panicking now. "Fuck," Nick sounded disgusted now, "Rosie, calm down, your throat is pretty fucked up that you can't even drink water or speak." Nick explained as he gently grabbed my failing arms.

I flinched despite his gentle touch.

He muttered something his breath that I couldn't quite catch.

I opened my mouth but all that came out was another weak whimper.

"They're going to pay, Rosie," Nick whispered in my ear with a growl, "They're going to die a death way worse then yours, rest assure." I was grateful for Nick in this moment. He wasn't the savior I had wished for originally but fuck, I was so happy that he had been the one to find me. I was happy to be found by someone I knew...not some random person.

I heard footsteps...the sound of paws drumming against the dry dirt. I heard voices and I even heard a car pull up. There was a flurry of activity and I felt Nick gently sit me up which made me cry out in pain. "Sorry, sorry, I should've warned you." Nick hissed with guilt.

I shook my head weakly and tried to say something but all that came out was garbled sounds. "Don't try to talk, Rosie, you'll only make it worse." Nick whispered soothingly.

"Get the fuck out of my way," If I was able to, my eyes would've widened in horror at the sound of that voice, "Where the fuck is my best friend? Tay, get the fuck off of me!" Robin screeched from what sounded like near by.

"Get her out of her, Tay!" I heard Noel snap.

"Fuck you that's my fucking sister in there!" Robin snapped angrily and I could hear her struggling with something, "Let me through or I swear to god, Noel, don't test me because that is my sister in there!" Robin was shouting now.