chapter twenty (re-write)

chapter twenty: This is some Paranormal Activity shit! (re-written on 1.29.18)

"I miss Robin." Tay grumbled the next morning.

I sent the older girl a flat look, "Yes, you've only mentioned it, like, a thousand times today." I replied as I cleaned up the kitchen since everyone had finished breakfast about an hour ago. Things in the house were intense and it was plainly because of Viktor and his mate, Delphine. They had left to go into town for whatever reason, not that I was interested or cared. As long as they were out of the house, I didn't care.

Tay sighed sadly and picked at her nails, "I want to go see her."

"Then by all means, go see her." I replied with an eye roll but there was a smile on my face, because seeing Tay so love-struck was funny.

"Not with Viktor and that bitch in town." Tay grumbled quietly with disdain, "I do not want them even getting inklings that I have a mate now and especially that she's human." Tay scowled at nothing in particular but I could understand her worries perfectly enough. The last thing I wanted was for Robin to be in any sort of danger.

Marvin had offered to take Yvette, Diggy, and Stevie to their training sessions today while I had put Ariel and Aranel in their room for a nice nap. Those girls sure loved to nap; so did I but I couldn't afford that luxury until after all of my chores were finished.

Hence why I was cleaning up the kitchen and Tay had kindly offered to help. "I'm sure she misses just the same." I reassured my good friend.

She beams, "You think?"

"Oh, trust me, I don't think so, I know so." I chuckled lightly.

Tay brightens up before a sly smirk crosses her face, "So, what's up with you and my brother?"

"Well, he has this unhealthy obsessive with me, is stalking me, and trying to end my life, why?" I responded sarcastically making Tay scowl at me before laughing at my humor. I smiled lightly and chuckle too, because I was pretty funny.

"Not that brother," Tay rolled her eyes, "Sergio."

I quirked an eyebrow at her as I put away the clean dishes, "My boss?" I pointed out bluntly.

Tay just smirks, "He likes you."

"Yes, because he hasn't thrown my ass out of the house and left me to fend for myself against Scott." I muttered sassily.

Tay gives me a dry look, "Sergio's such a hard-ass, ya know? But he's been acting soft towards you as of recently." Tay points out coyly as she twirls her hair in between her fingers.

Ignoring the warmth crawling up my spine, I give the crazy girl a dead-ass look, "Tay, he's my boss, did that ever occur to you?" I questioned her.

She shrugs, "So, what?"

"And he's an Alpha?" I pointed out.

"So?" Tay pressed.

"And he has his own mate waiting for him." I tell her despite how shitty it makes me feel saying those words.

Tay sighs but remains silent. Not long after I finish cleaning the kitchen does Sergio return with the boys' from their daily patrols. They pile into the kitchen looking for something to munch on and I immediately stop them, "You better not dirty this kitchen or so help me!" I snapped since they started piling snacks onto the counter I just wiped down.

Sergio is munching on an apple and speaking quietly to Tay.

Alexander whines, "We're so hungry, Rosie, don't you care?" He says as he chews rather loudly on some protein bars. I watch with narrowed eyes as crumbs get onto the counter and I swear, I felt my eye twitch violently.