Chapter 11°

Chapter 11° Golden snakes

oOoOoOo

The clock continued to turn and the days passed. The nights got later and the wind direction changed. When the next potions lesson arrived, both Amelia and Remus were pretty unmotivated.

Remus' confusion about Amelia persisted, but he decided to ignore it. In retrospect, he'd spent so many thoughts and so much time thinking about her or her habits without even being sure why. He didn't know this girl and just because she was different from the others, that wasn't supposed to be the reason Remus got stuck in his thoughts. He didn't like the influence she had on him at all. Remus just wanted to get this project done with and carry on as he did before.

On thursday the two mostly spent the hour discussing their ingredient list and the ways to source the ingredients.

Flashback:

Amelia and Remus were sitting in the same, cold room, where they met the first time. Sitting in the back of the room, in the seats, where Lia usually sat, both the students pulled out their notes. 

After a brief moment of silence, none of them knowing how to start, Remus raised his voice. ,,Did you already think about, where we could get the other items from?"

Lia looked up at him and met his eyes, his caramel-brown ones piercing into her dark ones. ,,I did, but I'm not sure if everything will work out."

As Amelia expanded her list of suggestions, Remus' brow furrowed. 

𝓐𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓪 

 -𝓐𝓼𝓱𝔀𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻 𝓮𝓰𝓰𝓼/𝐷𝑢𝑚𝑏𝑙𝑒𝑑𝑜𝑟𝑒 

 -𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓻𝓷𝓼/𝐹𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑡

 -𝓟𝓮𝓹𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓶𝓲𝓷𝓽/ 𝐺𝑟𝑒𝑒𝑛ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑠𝑒

 -𝓟𝓸𝔀𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓜𝓸𝓸𝓷𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓷𝓮/𝐻𝑜𝑔𝑠𝑚𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑒 

 -𝓟𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓵 𝓓𝓾𝓼𝓽/𝐿𝑜𝑛𝑑𝑜𝑛 

 -𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓮 𝓟𝓮𝓽𝓪𝓵𝓼/𝐹𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑡

He leaned a little closer to the paper so as not to miss anything. The suggestions were really good, but there was one thing that didn't make sense to him.

,,What do you mean by London? Where in London exactly?"

,,I live in London. I own pearldust in the house I live in, it once was a gift." Her mother got her some for her seventh birthday. Amelia loved to play with fairies and the vision of flying. Adena often told her daughter the story of Peter Pan, Wendy Darling and Tinkerbell as a child. How he could fly with only fairy dust and conquer the whole world. He lived on an island, far from adults and the duties of life. Peter Pan escaped growing old. He always wanted to stay young He wanted to live forever. It was a little dream, but Lia quickly learned that it was total bullshit. To live forever would be an even greater agony than it can be once. Never dying is just seeing everyone around you die. The agony in their eyes, the wrinkles on their face. Just to be the only one who survives. This part of the story has been forgotten many times. After spending some time in Neverland, Wendy left Peter to be with her family. To live with them. And to die with them. She left him alone and Peter stayed behind, forsaken by the only love he ever felt. He saw Wendy growing up, how she was happy without him and died contentedly. Life was fleeting and it shouldn't be any different.