Chapter 19°

Chapter 19° Levels

oOoOoOo

When Amelia opened her eyes she had to blink a few times until she got used to the light, but when she fully used her sense of sight, she found herself standing in the middle of a white void. She looked around, to the left and to the right and also stretched her head upwards, but everything around her knows what. Soaked in brilliant light without the slightest hint of darkness. Lia looked down at herself and looked at the white lace dress that wrapped around her chest and fell loosely from her waist to her knees. Her feet were bare and she didn't seem to find any accessories on her arms or neck either. She reached into her dark hair, which was probably the strongest contrast to this level of light, and found that her hair only reached her shoulder. They were twisted into soft curls and gleamed in the glow of the white light.

Her gaze turned so that Amelia turned once in a circle. Where am I?, she wondered, without losing focus on her eyes. Everything was white, filled with nothing. Or so it seemed, until Lia turned again and saw a small black dot in the distance. It was a dark contrast in brightness.

"Hello?" Amelia called into the distance as she stepped ahead and approached the contrast.

The closer she got, the more she could make out. It was a person, dressed in a white shirt and long white linen trousers. The skin that could be seen at the end of the sleeves was pale and almost resembled Amelia's. He was sitting on a bench that was almost indistinguishable from its surroundings in its white hue, and seemed to be waiting for something. Or someone. One more step closer and she realized what the black contrast was, that she could already see from afar. It was hair. As dark as the feathers of a raven and as shiny as a star in the night. A wave ran through his hair, which was so like Amelia's.

When she met this realization, her heart started racing. Slowly, with trembling steps, she staggered forward, straight towards the boy.

"Callum?" 

Amelia stared into the silence and couldn't take her eyes off the person she was once so familiar with.

Now the boy seemed to react by lifting his gaze and boring his gray-brown eyes into Amelia's. They were exactly the same.

Her heart skipped a beat when Lia looked into her brother's face. The brother who left her about five years ago. The brother she mourned every single day during those years. The brother who changed her entire life with his death. And he still looked the same as it did then. His face and body were just as young, not a day older than just fifteen. His skin was smooth, not wrinkled, and his strong cheekbones brought out his sharp jawline. A few freckles gathered above his nose and under his eyes, they shone in his face.