Chapter 16°

Chapter 16° Lions cave

oOoOoOo

Sirius opened the door and stepped into the marauders dorm. The red and golden room was freshly cleaned up, as Remus would always get annoyed when it was too messy. And it did get to this point again. So he spent one and a half hours with cleaning up, putting things away and reorganizing his dresser. Sirius looked around and saw James and Peter sitting at a desk, looking at the marauders map and talking quietly. None of the boys really seemed to acknowledged him, so he spoke to explain himself.

,,Hey." he said slowly, rubbing his neck awkwardly.

Three heads turned around and six eyes met his grey ones. James let his gaze wander over his best friend suspiciously. He saw that something was off right away. Sirius' eyes seemed a little red and his voice was really low. His head hung on his shoulders and his, normally quite straight, posture was really slumped. 

,,Padfoot, are you okay? What happened?" James asked. His eyes were filled with worry and he couldn't help but get tensed up.

,,Nothing, it's nothing." he tried to brush it off. The whole conversation with Amelia had upset him. On the one hand it was about her and how wrongly he might have assessed and treated her, but even more important was the talk about Regulus. He couldn't get her words out of his head. All the stuff about believe and blood. We haven't talked about any of that. Endanger our friendship. He's okay, I think. Sirius had banished all that, all the thoughts of Regulus from his head and heart for so long, but now he seemed to be unable to escape it. Now everything collapsed above him. Talk to him.

James walked over to his friend and put his hand on his shoulder. He looked straight into his eyes. Meanwhile Peter and Remus also caught focus on Sirius and his state. 

,,Something happened, I can see it on your face. Besides, you just wanted to send the adoption papers, but you've been gone for one hour." James said softly, but urgently. ,,Do you have doubts about the adoption?"

His head shooting up, Sirius looked at his friend, his brother. His eyes were fixed on the floor and he seemed to be scared of the answer. ,,Of course not." Sirius said quickly. ,,I couldn't be more happy about it."

,,Then what is it?"

Hesitating, Sirius took a deep breath, his eyes switching to Remus, who was already looking straight at him. ,,When I was at the owlery, I met Grey. She was also sending a letter and seemed really upset about it. I don't know what that was about-"

Pure confusion rose up in Remus, but he couldn't really focus on that right now. He was way to suspicious, what that had to do with everything. What happened between Amelia and Sirius? And why is he so tensed up about it?