Mine for the Night (Tartaglia x Harbinger! Reader)

🌸ART CREDITS: @/betina.art on Instagram🌸
‼️⚠️CONTENT WARNING⚠️‼️
-Swearing, suggestive language, alcohol, lust based-not love

Sorry to whoever the 10th Harbinger is gonna be lol-

The wind was refreshing as it held a salty tang from the many waters of Liyue. It was early evening, and I was currently resting atop a low hill. Unfortunately, I was not alone.

"Do you ever think about how it's always us two that are sent far away from Snezhnaya?" my associate, Number 11 of the Fatui Harbingers questioned.

I rolled my eyes. "That should be obvious, Childe. You're insufferable. You might be a fox on the battlefield, but your methods are opposing to the Harbingers."

"Ah, you mean how I'm a fairly public figure?" He sighed. "Man, you're a stick in the mud. But I do appreciate you calling me a fox. You're trying to say I'm handsome in that cold way of yours, right?"

I grimaced. "Absolutely not. Someone like Zhongli is a true fox. And why do you hang around me if I'm someone you dislike?"

"I don't dislike you, ojou~sama. And besides, I have a lot I can learn from you. However, I just think you need to have some fun, like getting laid! I even have an idea for you. I'm hot, you're h-"

"I swear to the Tsaritsa, I'll kill you. And enough with the 'ojou~sama' shit, I'm hardly your senior. And as much as I hate to admit it..." I met eyes with Childe. "You're stronger than me."

"Your praise is everything, but aren't you contradicting yourself? How will you kill me? I'm not willing to die so easy." He smirked. "After all, I'm looking to rule the world."

I scoffed. "I would hate to live in a world you ruled."

"I think I could find a way for you to enjoy it. You wouldn't have to be so- huh. Now that I think about it, you aren't such a perfect Harbinger yourself."

I leaned forward and narrowed my eyes at him. "What do you mean by that?"

His expression darkened. "You're not loyal to her majesty the Tsarita."

My palms began to feel sweaty, but I forced my voice steady. "Huh? What do you know? We're together practically 24/7, you w-"

"Precisely why I know. I've been around you enough to pick up on your behaviors and reactions. Aren't you proud of me, ojou~sama?" He smirked as he traced the bottom of my chin with his pointer finger.

I looked him dead in the eye. "Well sorry I'm not a loyal mutt like you."

He looked thoughtful for a moment. "Loyalty gets you used. I unfortunately have experience first hand."

"Ah yes, the Hero of Mondstadt fiasco that was made to fail. What was the guy's name again? Aaron? Asher?"

"...Aether. You couldn't have forgotten his name."

I smiled. "You're right, and I didn't. I just wanted to see that sad look on your face. You really did like him, huh Childe?"

He turned away from me. "I was my actual self around him, so I guess so. But that doesn't mean anything now."

"So why are we in Liyue an entire two weeks later?" I questioned. "Although, I guess I could've left at any point. I was only sent to watch you."

"But you didn't do that. Barely, anyway. I didn't know you were such a slacker."