Birthday to Remember (Tartaglia x Reader)

🌸ART CREDITS: @/KNSTAKMR ON INSTAGRAM🌸

Y/n's POV

The frost bit at my face as my boyfriend and I trudged through the icy land of Dragonspine. Despite wearing a lot of protective and warm clothing, I was still freezing.

"Ch-Childe, can you take my backpack please?" I asked. "M-My legs are killing me."

He sighed before turning around; he was leading the way. "My little Starconch, why did you bring such a heavy bag?"

I handed him the hefty item. "You said we'd be out here for a while, so I packed a lot..."

"Ah, well that is a wise move." He took my hand in his. "Look! An abandoned campsite!"

We raced over and took cover, both of us falling over with a sigh. Shortly after, Childe began to laugh.

"I can't wait to take you home to Snezhnaya. Although it's also cold, Dragonspine is on a very different level due to its curse."

I whined. "I'm not sure I can handle anymore cold!"

He sat up and pulled me into an embrace. "I'll keep you warm until my dying breath."

"Hey! Don't you dare talk about dying! Especially with your birthday so near!" I moved a bit so I was sitting in his lap. He placed his head on top of mine.

"Don't worry~ you won't be losing me anytime soon." He whispered, "We still have yet to get married!"

And before that, engaged~ I took his left hand in mine and examined our ring fingers before smiling. Childe kissed the top of my head.

"Hmm...Childe, I know you planned this trip cause you needed some local specialties, but are you really content with spending your birthday here?" I asked. "It's already night and officially, your birthday is in 3 hours."

"Y/n, no matter where we are, a wonderful celebration is always guaranteed when it's with you. I really don't mind."

I turned around to face him, and I wrapped my arms around his neck. "I love you."

He kissed me and wrapped his arms around my waist. "I love you too."

A loud rumble emerged from both of our stomachs, and I sheepishly laughed.

"Hehe...we should eat. All that hiking was a lot of work."

He shrugged. "I'm not really hungry...my stomach just hurts."

"Love, you haven't eaten a proper meal since this morning... Try to eat something?" I suggested.

"Alright, I'll try."

I took a thermos out from my backpack and brought a spoon of its contents to my lips. The soup's still hot! That's a relief. Childe held his hands out expectantly, but I simply shook my head and smiled, putting the spoon to his lips. He looked slightly embarrassed, but a smirk quickly took place before he sipped the soup.

"Wow~ I was expecting Radish Veggie, but this is Calla Li-"

I cut him off, "You're the one that made it..."

I took a spoonful of the Calla Lily Seafood soup for myself, and Childe and I chatted while eating.

"Oh. Well, I wanted to have your cooking...no matter how basic it is."

"Radish Veggie isn't that filling," I remarked. "Plus, better to consume the soup with crab in it, or else we risk it going bad."

Childe smiled. "You should try making my signature dish!"