Mine for the Night Pt.2 (Tartaglia x Harbinger! Reader)

🌸ART CREDITS: @/HANEZUOXOU ON TWITTER🌸
‼️⚠️CONTENT WARNING⚠️‼️
SUGGESTIVE + MATURE LANGUAGE AND ALCOHOL

Orders to return to Snezhnaya were issued, so Childe and I returned there together. I sighed as we entered the Tsaritsa's palace. 

"What do you think was so important that all of us had to gather for?" I asked no one in particular.

It was at the meeting time, which was quite poorly chosen if you asked me. Meeting up at night results in a bitter leave, with Snezhnaya being as freezing as it is. I hate this frigid place; how did Childe manage to bear this shit growing up? Ugh- why bother thinking about him?

My question was met with an unwelcome answer from Childe. "Maybe they found about us, and we're going to be publicly shamed."

I rolled my eyes. "Don't you have anyone else to hang around? Y'know, there's Scara over- ehh... Signora seems to be- ugh. I hate that bitch. Now that I think about it, everyone here sucks."

"Aw, not everyone is so bad," Childe retorted. "One thing for sure is that you definitely don't suck! Not often, at least."

"Excuse me?" I questioned. "God, how I liked it better before you talked."

My day grew worse as Scaramouche approached us. "Oh, it's you two. Closer than ever, I see."

I grimaced. "With this guy? Hell no."

"If you don't like me so much, ojou~sama, you should just kill me." A mischievous glimmer sparked in Childe's disturbingly charming dead eyes.

Scaramouche nodded. "You'd be doing everyone a favor, Y/n."

"Eh, I'll get to it one day."

Childe grinned. "I'll look forward to it."

"Anyways, I only came over here to tell you two that you look awful. It's a shame that there isn't enough time to look better before the Tsaritsa makes her appearance. That'd require several years. I'll be taking my leave now." With a smug look, Scaramouche sauntered off.

Steam seemed to exit my nose. "I fucking hate that guy. Same way that I hate you for joining me when I was taking a shower this morning."

"You might say you hate me, but you reacted much differ-"

I elbowed his ribs. My face began to feel hot as I remembered the events of this morning. Without thinking, my fingers traced a spot under my shirt sleeve on my left shoulder. I shivered. There must be something wrong with me.

He neared my ear and whispered, "Wish I left more marks?"

My throat felt dry despite my desire of wanting to say no. Was it cause I didn't actually want to say no? The thought of that made me want to disappear. I shook my head. I'm overthinking something that's only a once-in-a-while exchange.

"I love our banter, I truly do, but are you okay?" Childe asked. "You look shaken up." 

His expression wore genuine worry, and pangs of pain struck my heart. Despite this, I took a deep breath and nodded. "I appreciate your concern." The words felt foreign to me, and my mind began spinning. I must've not gotten enough sleep.

"I'll be right back; it seems that Dottore is seeking my presence." Childe was about to walk off when a sick feeling infected my stomach. I reached out and gripped part of his sleeve as his back was turned to me. He looked over his shoulder before turning around. "Hm?"

My mind was blanked. What's wrong with me? Keeping Childe to my side will only make me feel more ill. "Don't bother with that freak," I managed to say.