Fading Kitten Syndrome: Part 2

Tigress groans and strangely feels alone in her bed. She reaches out for the warm presence she had become accustomed to.

Her eyes open and she shoots up. She was not in her cardboard box. She didn't have a bed. She had a cot made of old newspapers and sheets she had stolen from her old apartment before she was evicted. Still, the silk sheets and soft pillowy bed made it hard for her to convince herself she was awake. She felt small and uncertain, one part of her wanting to nuzzle back into the blankets, but the other part enamored by the chilly room with its barred windows and messy vanity. Where was she?

A warm scent mixed with nervous sweat doused the area next to her and she froze.

The last thing she remembered was being so tired and hungry that she passed out mid-battle with Khaotics. So she must be...

She hopped down from the bed, turning into a kitten and nudged the door open, her stomach growling at the plethora of food smells coming from down a long hallway. Trotting down it, she let her mouth water as she tasted the scent of summer sausage, cheese, eggs, toast, ham, pizza, and more. She found herself bounding as fast as she could down the remaining stretch and into a large cooking area.

Dozens of men, big and small, smirked when they saw the innocent and starving kitty. "Hey, Khaotics! Your pets in the kitchen!"

No sooner had he said it, did he disappear and the remains of the henchmen scurried away like mice.

"So, you've awoken. Explored my lair, given my henchmen a reason to make me loathe them even more, and you are a small kitten I cant choke." He narrowed his eyes in annoyance, a small flicker of amusement glinting there.

Tigress licked her paw and wiped her face as she returned to human form. "Firstly, I did not explore your messy and unkempt lair. Secondly, do your henchmen always cook for you? Or can you only make Ramen?"

"You've forgotten, kitty, that I can do this now." He surged forward and grabbed her throat, completely pinching off her airway. "You look so pretty with my hand around your throat." He released her and let her catch her breath.

"Asshole." She murmured reaching for her collar. "Wheres my collar?"

Khaotics didnt even offer her a bored look over his shoulder. "It was glowing pink all night. Nearly drove me half mad." He smirked. "Nice to know you have feelings, however. I've cracked the code to your color sequence."

Her face turned a deep red as she hid a begrudging smile. "I doubt it. It's very complicated. Only works on my body. So your henchmen wouldn't have been any use."

Khaotics erupted with laughter and faced her full on, leaning against the counter. "I didnt use my henchmen," He took a bite of summer sausage and swallowed. "I used you."

Again, Tigress felt her face darken and fill with heat. "What exactly do you mean by that?"

"I mean," he summoned a mirror and showed her reflection to her. Her neck was littered with deep maroon markings and bite marks. "Before you accuse me of anything daft, you were grinding on me half the night, yowling and purring like a cat in heat." Tigress caught a change in color in his face as well, but he covered it nicely with a yawn. "You hungry? Your blood sugar is exponentially lower than it should be. When... when was the last time you ate?"

Tigress pushed him aside and shoved six pieces of cheese in her mouth. "Nu ofve yor bishneth."

"Yeah, well, if you're doing one of those diets where you starve yourself for days, it's going to kill you before I do."

She swallowed. "Yeah, right. Clearly you're fond of me, Khaotics."

"I could say the same about you." He growled.

"So, you arent denying it."

"Neither are you."

"I dont have to."

"Neither do I, it's a no-brainer."

"Then why'd you say it?"

"You started it." He took a small step towards her.

"You finished it." She took a step towards him.

"Hey, boss, do you know where the mustard is?" he glanced between them. "Nevermindillcomebacklaterrrr..."

"If you weren't fond of me, you wouldnt have been all over me last night." Khaotics growled.

"Tell that to the hickeys you left all over me." She snarled.

"That was a last resort."

"If you weren't fond of me, you would have left me to die. Not made me a five course meal."

"It's not fair game if I'm fully fed and you aren't! It's not my fault you're starving yourself." He snipped.

"It's not exactly a choice."

He locked eyes with her. His gaze softened against her watery one.  "You're homeless." Khaotics whispered.

She snorted. "I'm not and I don't need your pity." She grabbed the tray of cheese and meat and sauntered farther into the dining room to a table. Khaotics took a step forward but felt the anger fueling his hatred for her go ablaze.

"Serves you right. Maybe next time, you'll value other lives over yours." And with that ominous accusation, he stormed out.

"What do you-?" But the door slammed and she was left alone.