Dance (Short)

Tigress jumped onto all fours, pursing the villain with vigor and an almost frantic way. "Khaotics get back here! You are just SO DIFFICULT!!!"

He paused at the top of the highest sky scraper where the stars seemed to be within arms distance and the city glowed far below. "Dance with me, kitten." Khaotics crooned. "Or are you too scared?"

Tigress was shocked to say the least. Never once, even when he was acting affectionate, had she smelled a drop of alcohol on him. But he hadn't even done anything wrong today, he just approached her and said, 'tag!'. She chased him for over an hour trying not to enjoy the excuse to run at night.  Then, when things slowed down, here he was asking her to dance with him.

To no music.

She couldnt imagine what would happen if the tabloids found out they were dancing on the rooftop of the highest skyscraper, but she tried to push the thought that they were being watched at all times.

She shook her head, trying not to smile. "Go home, K. You're drunk. God, I can't leave you alone for a second." She mused.

"You like me," he laughed and shook his head at the ground. "I don't know why. But dance with me, it's beautiful tonight. And I would hate to have to steal a dance."

Tigress chirped happily when he opened his arms and did the complete opposite of any sort of beginning pose. "Let me help you." She stepped close to him, positioning his arms correctly and cuffing him when he moved them. "There," she fit against him like a molding (not that she noticed) and she pressed herself a little closer.

"You're good at this." He slipped a hand onto her waist and gripped her hand in his. "Where'd you learn to dance?"

She swayed with him to the sound of the city below them and looked away. "I learned how to dance as part of combat training. But the sweet stuff like this? I sit outside the academy on Main and Cedar when they have ballroom dancing going on. Everyone looks so happy."

He pulled her closer, allowing himself to show his heart a little as his finger slid under her chin. "Look at me." He tilted her head up, still dazzled by those emerald eyes and but the inside of his cheek. "You're... your eyes are beautiful."

"I was born like this." She subconsciously blinked slowly at him, batting her eyes. "With these deep, bright green eyes. That's how they knew what I was." She sounded bitter but her voice was soft with thoughtfulness. She surveyed the sky and then her eyes traveled back to him. "Do you ever wish things were different?"

His heart clenched as he looked into her face filled with longing and regret. "Everytime I wake up. Whenever I look in the mirror... whenever I see you." Khaotics whispered.

"Khaotics... I'm going to tell you something because you're probably too drunk to retain any memory from tonight." She sighed. "I think I'm falling in love with you sometimes. It crosses my mind because of how we interact sometimes. Sometimes I wish I could join you. God I said 'sometimes' like 5 times." She cringed as he chuckled.

"I know you. We've met once before." He stated after 20 minutes of silence.

"Well, yeah. We've met many times before." She gave a breathy laugh and rested her head on his chest. "Can we pretend we aren't sworn enemies? Just for a minute?"

He winced with what looked like pain, but relaxed and pulled her face to kiss her.

Tigress melted immediately, shocked at his bravado while intoxicated. Come to think of it.... she deepened the kiss and ran her tongue against his. There wasnt an ounce of alcohol on his breath or by taste. She pulled away and blinked at him slowly.

"What?"

"What did you drink?"

He hesitated. "Gin."

She hummed and crushed her mouth onto his. "No," she whispered on his mouth. "You're. Completely. Sober."

"That's not true."

"Unless you can get drunk from ingesting half a drop, you aren't drunk." She paused. "Did you inject it?"

"...well duh." He groused. "So annoying. Anyway, I have to go."

Before she could respond, a ripping noise tore through the air and he was gone.

She leaned against the electrical box and touched her lips gingerly.

"He was completely sober." She whispered to no one in particular.

Her delight then turned into horror. "He was completely sober."

Demo-nisshu
FilippoMasiero2