Paparazzi

"It's truly an honor to be here today. I have watched this city grow from the moment I knew my destiny. I'm no real superhero, I'm no Superman, or Batman. I'm no Catwoman, at least, not really." The audience chuckled with her for a moment. "But to be crowned the Hero of The Tri-Cities is my greatest achievement. I swear on my nine lives, I will protect this city with each and every one of them."

Wild applause erupted from the crowd as every spectator cheered and whistled in honor of the rookie heroine.

Her tail flicked as the mayor placed the medal around her neck, just under her collar. The brightness of the grin on her face was only rivaled by the noon sun hanging in the sky.

"Tigress will be at a booth behind the city hall stage and will be signing autographs for two hours, and then will be doing a short questions panel at 2:30. Thank you for attending this City Hall Ceremony. Enjoy the snacks and drinks inside as well!"

People began to disperse and Tigress felt her stomach coil at the thought of food. She slunk into the shadows and turned into her alter, running as fast as she could to the food booth and quickly changing before anyone could get near. She helped herself to a large heaping portion of food and disappeared just as the first family was turning the corner.

She knew the food was for the people, but she had a moment of weakness she couldn't control. No one could really blame her. She was homeless and food was food. And this was freshly cooked food. There was no way she was passing this up.

"How pathetic." A voice whispered.

"Who said that?" Tigress jumped out of her skin and looked around frantically, her tail puffed out with fear.

Only the distant sounds of people heading toward the autograph panel shook her from her thoughts.

"Shit, I've got places to be." She wiped the remaining food from her face and sped away.

***********2 Hours Later************

"Ugh... That was a lot of signing," Tigress groaned and massaged her hand gently trying to gain feeling back as she moved back to the City Hall Stage for questions.

"Tigress, can you really turn into a cat?"

"Yes, actually. I turn into a small black kitten some of you have maybe even been seeing around town just after villains strike."

"Tigress!" A small girl on her father's shoulders called. "Can you show us?"

Tigress saw this coming. She backed away from the table and pushed her chair out of the way. Leaping nimbly onto the table she crouched and sprung upwards into a backflip and landing as a small black kitten.

The crowd went wild.

"Can you really control your power through emotions?"

"Have you ever gotten really hurt?"

"Where do you live??"

"What's your relationship with the Super Villain?"

The questions died down instantly, and an ominous hush traveled over the crowd.

"Khaotics is.."

"KHAOTICS! That must be his name!"

"Well if you paid any attention, you'd know that!"

"He is the Super Villain that has been growing more and more active. All of you have felt his wrath and one point or another. But he never attacks in cliché ways, like going for City Hall. He goes for our cities' morale. His goal is to take every ounce of sureness in your body until you are completely hopeless. And it's my duty, to make sure he never succeeds."

The audience erupted loud enough to rival a volcano and Tigress took her leave, sprinting off into the early evening and up onto her favorite skyscraper.

She loved watching the city bustle under her clawed feet. It gave her the warmest feeling inside. She felt the most power surging through her when she was here. The heart beating in her chest beat harder here, in this area. It was familiar to her, like revisiting an elementary school after graduation.

Footsteps.

Tigress whirls hard and hisses in warning, her ears and tail flicking about in mild panic.

"Who are you?"

Silence.

"Come out and fight me like a man!"

The footsteps stopped and too late Tigress tried to lean away, only to be yanked back by the tail, rendering her powerless. A firm elbow to the jaw sent her tumbling into an unconscious abyss, the last words she heard being whispered by a familiar voice in her ear.

"Oh, but my dear. I had no intention of doing such things, but your resistance gave me no choice."

I wanted to keep going SO badly but I have things I need to do.

Part two possibly coming soon unless this is fine 😈

Demo-nisshu
FilippoMasiero2