Something New

"You intrigue me." Tigress murmured, laughing at the angry and bashful look on the villains face. Her muscles flexed with anticipation. She had been waiting for this.

"Well, you don't." He snarled, his eyes glowing silver.

"Don't I?" She swished her tail from side to side. "Your body disagrees with you." She stuck her nose in the air and inhaled deeply. 'Timing is everything...' Tigress thought to herself.

Khaotics could have killed her right then and there but he inhaled. The feeling in his chest continued growing everyday, no matter how hard he tried to extinguish it. Luckily, their history made it easy to replace the warmth with a blazing fury most of the time. "I'm not that interesting." He said flippantly, readying his powers.

Tigress could hear the static in the air, could feel it in her bones. She let a flicker of a smile play on her lips. "Funny, uninteresting people don't have to say that, do they?"

Khaotics blasted pure energy at her, but she was prepared, lunging at him a second before it would have stunned her enough to possibly put her out of commission.

She pressed her feet claws into his shoulders, dodging a fireball with a graceful flip off and behind him.

"You make me so very disgusted, Kit." He turned to face her. "I swear I'll kill you one of these days. Just you wait." The malice in his voice made Tigress burn inside.

"Try me, Villain." She could feel resentment building in her throat. He was prohibiting her from protecting the city, although, to be fair she was prohibiting him from destroying it.

"Oh," Khaotics growled. "I will. Sadly, you won't live to be tried again." He tore a portal under her, summoning the adjacent one above him and landed a hard kick on her collarbone. She tumbled and yowled with rage, gripping the area tightly.

"You bastard." She knew sleeping with him would cause resentment eventually. She just didn't expect to want to become the bad guy by killing the cocky, asshole of a man. She absorbed the energy in the air and pounced again, this time using her sheer feline strength to bowl him over hard enough and roll to a crouch with the momentum.

Khaotics winced silently, gripping the woman's collarbone letting as much electricity as he could handle pulse into her. She stumbled back and he pushed himself up, watching in sick satisfaction as she fell to her knees with an agonizing scream of pain.

"Looks like I've got the upper hand." He goaded when she fell forward, still pulsing.

He slowly walked over to her, wanting to sense the fear coming off of her when he approached. But there was nothing. He realized something was wrong a moment too late.

Tigress looked up and roared. Khaotics slid backward a bit in the blast but stayed upright. He locked eyes with her and flushed.

Her skin was still pulsing with the last of his powers, but she stood up strongly. Her eyes were solid gold. She ran forward and he threw up his arms to shield her attack, only to stop short as she pulled off a perfect front hand spring and turned into a lion that could have been made from pure darkness. He had seen demons that looked less scary. He froze in place as the creature swiped at him with a massive paw, slicing his chest in four perfect, deep slashes.

He coughed hard as he landed on his back, hard. He spit out the blood that had accumulated in his lungs and he scowled. He needed to retreat, he could feel the blood pouring from his wound as the beast backed up. With the last of his energy, he portaled away.

Tigress stared after him for a moment, surprised at his retreat and swayed, turning back into her fully human form. Her head ached so badly she threw up off the side of the building.

Congrats! You've just seen one of Tigresses new powers! *Headpat* Way to go.