𝟎𝟑. "𝐖𝐞 𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦 𝟗 ¾ 𝐀𝐭 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞"

◢✥◣

It was quite early in the morning, the sun barely making it's appearance in the dim sky. Everyone was sound asleep—well, everyone but one of them, that is.

[y/n] woke up to the sounds of...the toilet being constantly flushed. They sighed as they kicked the covers off of their body, and sat up.

Their tired eyes squinted at the thin walls. Their room was very close to the bathroom, and sometimes it would wake them up in the middle of the night if someone were to be using it. This time, however, the flushing was continuous. And annoying.

"Ughhh." [y/n] groaned as they stood up, their stuffed plush held tightly against their chest. They left their room and looked towards the bathroom door, and to their surprise, they saw a bright light peaking from underneath. "...Ooh!"

Voices. They'd hear voices from within the bathroom, and they hurriedly went over and pressed their ear against the door. Their curiosity got the best of them, and they wanted to see who exactly was in there and making a commotion.

"Oh, and if Pierce gets one scratch on his face—" The voice was unfamiliar, but it reminded the child of Mrs. Oats' voice. Maybe the person was old. But they didn't remember anyone old staying over at their house...or maybe it was someone on the phone.

"Goodbye, Lady Grandma."

[y/n] giggled at the name—because who gets named Lady Grandma?—before slapping a hand over their mouth. "Oh no."

The door suddenly opened, and they almost fell over if it weren't for the male who caught them.

"A—Apprentice [y/n]!" Rhys sat them upright, before clasping his hands together with his head down. "I...I swear this isn't what it looks like!"

[y/n] looked at him in confusion. "What do you mean? Oh! Were you the one making that cool light in there?"

Rhys sweatdropped, the child wasn't supposed to know in case they slip it to the others. It was the first time his mind went blank, and when he opened his mouth to come up with an excuse, a groggy female walked in.

"What the hell are you—wait, [y/n]?" Ava looked shocked to see the little child awake at this hour, especially with one of the demons. A big novelty pencil was held in her grasp, and it was immediately raised at the male. "...You better have not done anything to them, or I'm going to make you regret it."

Rhys swallowed nervously, his hands immediately raised up in surrender. "I-I didn't!"

"Good." Ava lowered her pencil and sighed tiredly. "Anyways. Just—get out and go back to sleep you two. I need to use the bathroom."

Without waiting for an answer, she walked into the bathroom. The two would watch as she went to sit down, but noticed their lingering presence. It was a little weird.

"Uh...what are you guys doing?"

"I want to observe how you mix potions," Rhys explained, while [y/n] looked amazed at this reveal of abilities.

"You can mix potions?! I wanna see!" [y/n] exclaimed in excitement.

"Oh my God. You don't know what a toilet is, do you?" Ava asked Rhys, coming to a quick realization.

[y/n] looked up at the male, whose eyebrows were raised. "A...toy-lot?"

Suddenly, Ava raised the pencil and a toilet rolls high in the air with an angered expression. "Leave, before I unleash my powers upon you!"

Rhys blinked before his expression contorted into one of panic. "W-Wait! I didn't mean any disrespect!"

"Don't throw it at me!" [y/n] screeched as they hid behind Rhys, using him as a meat shield for whatever projectile the female would throw at them.