𝟎𝟗. 𝐔𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐑𝐢𝐳𝐳

- this one's a little chaotic
enjoy the longer chapter <3 (about 6k words, whew)

◢✥◣

"This is terrible. I don't even know how to be on a date!"

Ava panicked outside the restaurant, two thoughts swirling through her mind; how were they going to pretend to be in a relationship? And second...how to make sure [y/n] didn't say anything about the others?

She sighed internally at the fact that they almost outed them like five times on the way. She's had to save them every single time.

"Don't worry, Ava..." The woman looked up from the ground—where the hell did they get those sunglasses from. "I got this. I'm the Ultimate Rizz Master 3000!!!"

Before she could even question where in the world they even learned that word from, she felt a hand grab both her and Noi by the shirts and pulled them down to the child's level. "...I'll teach you how to rizz each other up and then do the smoochies—"

"[Y/N] WHO'S TEACHING YOU ALL THIS."

"I HAVE EXPERIENCE, AVA!"

She gasped dramatically as she backed away in shock. "Y...You have a LOVER?"

"WHAT? NO! EW!" They wiggled their pointer finger at Ava as they used the other hand to push up their glasses. "I'm a responsible adult! I don't need nobody! I get my experience from observation!"

(They learned that word from Rhys.)

She laughed, shaking her head at their antics. She was just teasing about the lover, after all. "...Right, right. Of course."

Throughout the whole exchange, Noi blinked innocently and in confusion. What were they even talking about? Ha! He had no clue! He was just happy to be there.

Speaking of him, seeing as things settled down, he decided to say what was on his mind for a while now. "Hey, Ava...thanks for choosing me."

It was Ava's turn to be confused. "...Huh?"

"It's just...I didn't think I'd be trusted with something this important," He felt warm and fuzzy inside, just like how he felt when he was praised by the apprentice a few days ago.

Though she deadpanned, looking off to the side. "Well...I didn't really choose you. You were just kind of...there."

"Hey! That's mean!" [y/n] huffed, lightly punching her side repeatedly. "It's okay Mister Noi, I definitely chose you! I like you a lot!"

"O—Oh?! Thank you, Apprentice [y/n]...you're too kind," He suddenly feels shy, though shakes his head as he looks to Ava. "Just tell me what to do!"

"Just—"

"Okay! My turn," The child stepped in, putting their sunglasses on their head as they marched up to them. Oh boy, here it comes...

"Listen up! To get into this family, Mister Noi, you need Dad and Pop to like you! Because if they don't like you, they'll send you away! And I don't want you to be sent away, so I'll help you!" They took in a deep breath. "Dad likes fancy stuff! Um. Poli-something. Yeah! Remember that big castle-y building we took you to before? Yep! He likes that! He's kinda like a king. I dunno how else to explain it. Anyways, just talk to him about fancy papers and be polite because he likes that too. Ummmm...oh! Pop likes movies. Like stories. You know, like the fairytales I tell you about!"

"...Like Rapunzel?"

Ava looked at Noi in surprise. "You know about that movie?"

[y/n] nodded proudly. "I told him alllll about her! Because we watched it in class last week!"