𝟎𝟐. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐋𝐢𝐞

◢✥◣

"Ugh..." Ava groaned, shifting around on the couch as she tried to get into a comfortable decision.

Wait...the couch?

She shot up immediately, the memories rushing back and hitting her like a bus. Right, there were these guys...and they had horns! Not to mention, they were dangerous!

No, the better question was—

"[y/n]?" She'd whisper-shout, looking around frantically for any sign of the little child. "Oh my God. This can't be happening right now. How did they get in? I need...I need to find [y/n], and get out of here."

She carefully slipped off the couch, and began to move as quickly as she could without making much noise. Which...wasn't exactly much, given the fact that her perpetuators were mere steps away—

"The human is escaping!" She whipped around to hear one of them had called her out, and she could feel her heart leap out of her chest. Her heartrate began to accelerate as she had tried to leave the apartment, only to be blocked by one of the demons.

His arms were spread out wide, a smug smirk on his face as he knew that he had her cornered. "...Heh."

Screaming in terror, Ava quickly moved back towards the kitchen. She fumbled for a pan that was on the stove, and held it up threateningly as the three came into view.

"A weapon!" The green one gasped, and the others promptly pulled out their respective weapons in response.

Which seemed a little unfair, given the obvious differences in weapon quality.

"Back off!" Her voice trembled, though she tried to take a strong stand despite being outnumbered. "Or...or, I—I can scream!"

"Wouldn't be the first time I made a female human scream," The smug one spoke with a smirk, holding up his dual blades. Though he was quick to be reprimanded by his comrade, though brushed him off with a roll of his eyes.

"I thought I dreamed you guys up!" She inhaled fearfully, before shaking her head. "No, that's not the problem. Where the hell did you take [y/n]?! I swear, if they're hurt, I'm going to make sure—"

"Ava!"

All eyes fell onto the child who had strolled in, though was pulling in a very confused looking man (one they found out was named Pierce) with their freehand. His comrades stared at him in confusion, while he only shrugged back.

"...They said they wanted a...tea party," He explained briefly, and it was then they noticed the small plastic cup in his hands. It was almost comical, with how small it was compared to his hands.

"Mhm! And it was very fun!" [y/n] nodded happily, though the older female didn't share that same sentiment as her hand trembled slightly.

"...Alright, [y/n], I want you to listen carefully..." She mumbled, holding her hand out. "Come here. Don't run. Just...just come here."

Though they were confused, they merely nodded as they let go of Pierce's hand. "Okay Mister Blue Horns, I'll be back!"

They'd walk over to their caretaker—right in between the other three (who had already put away their weapons at this point), and gasped when they were pulled behind Ava. Sensing her obvious distrust, the smart one of the bunch tried to resort to reason.

"Please...we mean you no harm."

"I thought we meant...all the harm," Pierce muttered to himself, now able to hold his weapon as his hands were free.

"Asch isn't here," He grumbled underneath his breath, before shaking his head. "Please, we just need help, and—"

"I—I saw you do magic power stuff!" Ava was practically in hysterics, but it was clear she was trying her best to keep herself together for the sake of the child she had to protect. "Are you...the devil's servants?!"