𝟏𝟎. 𝐃𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐝 𝐀𝐭 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐨 𝐊𝐚𝐫𝐭, 𝐀𝐩𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲

- i'm on a roll this week ohemgee

anyways...quick question, do you guys like these long chapters??? or would you prefer me to cut them shorter? do let me know ^^

◢✥◣

"...Ava, what are you doing?"

[y/n] watched from the couch as an angry-looking Ava emerged from her bedroom, brandishing her big novelty pencil threateningly. They were playing around with the spirit cat, practically wrestling with it when they heard the door open.

"Oh, [y/n]!" Her expression softened slightly, before it intensified. "I'm just about to take control over my life and explore the Daemos' living space since I don't actually know much about it other than the main room."

Their eyes sparkled, hopping to their feet and running over to her. "Ha! You haven't seen half of it! Even I probably haven't even seen everything! Come come, I'll be your handy dandy tour guide!"

"...You've explored this place already?!" Ava gasped, sounding betrayed. "Without me?"

They smiled sheepishly, grabbing onto her hand and dragging her into the pocket castle. "Whoops. Anyways! Did you know they had a magic pool?"

She blinked in confusion. Taking it as a no, the child huffed excitedly as they picked up the pace, passing through corridors until they made it to a set of stairs. "It's down here! C'mon!"

"This place really is huge..."

"That's what I said too!" They hummed to themselves as they descended. "It's so cool! Like a mansion! But better!"

The two of them passed through a doorway and—oh, wow. There really was a big pool, with water streaming down from the ceiling. It looked so...majestic. Like it belonged to a luxury hotel or something.

"They have...a hot tub?!" Ava's eyes sparkled. "Wait. And they didn't tell me?! Ugh. Oh, you know what..."

She began to step towards the edge of the spell pool, shedding her clothes off with a huff. "They get to wander all over my apartment, so it's only fair I get to use their things too. Hmph."

"Are you going to swim in it, Ava?" [y/n] asked curiously. "But it's magic water!"

"Don't be silly, [y/n]! It's a hot tub!" She giggled as she lowered herself into the water. "Ooh, this is nice. Hey, come in!"

They tilted their head. "But...I don't have my swimsuit!"

"Just get in! I'll dry your clothes laterrr..."

The child blinked at her words for a few seconds before shrugging, hopping inside excitedly. They've taken a sip of the water before, but not actually diving into it! The feeling of cool water splashed onto their face as they giggled, but gasped when they saw it react to their skin. The water was sparkling, even more so than before. "Woah. Ava, look! I'm glowing!"

Ava cracked one eye open to look at them, only to see nothing. The sparkles had settled, merely spreading across the water. "...Wow, that's so...cool?" She decided to pretend like she knew what they were talking about, thinking that they were just being a child and...you know, seeing things.