𝟎𝟔. 𝐊𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐏𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐨𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐭

- extra long chapter today :))

◢✥◣

[y/n] awoke to a blanket spread over their body, and they groggily sat up on the couch. Rubbing their eyes, they quickly noticed they were alone.

Kicking off the blanket, they slowly stood up and noticed that their tablet was still there (thankfully; they thought they were going to steal it). As they went to pick it up, a flash of green appeared in the corner of their eye. When they looked—it was gone.

Strange.

Unbeknownst to [y/n], it was the white-haired ex-assassin, phasing in and out towards a certain lady's room.

Leif appeared over the sleeping figure of Ava, staring down at her for a good second before pulling out his sickles. As soon as he was about to strike—

"You! What are you doing here?!" Both Daemos whisper-shouted at the other, in disbelief.

"I'm here to kill her, what does it look like?!"

Noi pointed his dagger at him. "No, you aren't! Because I'm here to kill her!"

"You?—Pfft, haha! That's a good one!" Leif mocked.

"Hey! What's so funny?! I've done it before!"

The ex-assassin rolled his eyes. "You're too weak to do it properly! A human this nice and powerful deserves to be ended by me! Besides, you always hesitate! You couldn't even kill anybody when you were an imposter in the Amongus game!"

"I do not! Also, that was only because I didn't know how to do it—this is different!"

"I thought you liked her!"

Noi shook his head frantically. "I do! But she also scares me with how powerful she is! We have the little [y/n] here instead anyways, who actually shared their power with us unlike this human sorcereress. Besides, if I kill her, you all have to acknowledge that I'm better than anyone here!"

"Please, you'll never be on my level!"

Meanwhile, as the two bickered, [y/n] tiredly walked over to the pocket castle and looked for a certain man in dark blue. As soon as they found him, they tugged on his coat.

"...Ah, Apprentice [y/n]," He raised an eyebrow as he crouched to their level. "Did you need anything?"

"I think Mister Leif is trying to kill Ava again..."

His expression dropped, becoming one of annoyance as he quickly got up. "Thank you for informing me. I'll be right back."

He immediately left the room, leaving the little child inside...alone...

"Huuum. I wonder what else they have in here..." They mumbled to themselves thoughtfully as they started to wander, moving into the other rooms. They gasped upon seeing a huge pool, small streams cascading down into the water.

"Woah. A pool!" They crouched down to touch the water, gasping when it rippled...and the water began to sparkle, as if someone had dumped a bunch of glitter into it. It seemed to react to their touch, since the moment they pulled their hand away, it faded. "A magic pool!"