𝟏𝟑. 𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐀 𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐀 𝐅𝐢𝐬𝐡?

- longest chapter yet. had a lot of fun writing it, and was too excited to post it so if there are any mistakes i missed just let me know and ill fix them up rq! i'll do a proper edit when i get home from class. hope you enjoy !! <3

◢✥◣

"Ava!"

The child tugs at her sweater, trying to get her attention. She only spares them a glance—she's focusing on trying not drop the pancakes she was making, but showed that she was still listening.

Surprisingly, she wasn't even alone in making the pancakes. Rhys was there too—eagerly stirring the batter while Ava flipped them onto the pan.

"Yeah?"

"We're going to the aquarium today!" They responded cheerfully, going to sit at the island counter. "We're gonna see the fishies!"

Rhys glanced at them curiously. "What is this...aquarium? Is it an important place?"

"Uh, not really!" [y/n] shrugged. "It's where a bunch of fishies are kept in big tanks! They're really cool to look at."

"Oh? That sounds interesting," He offered a smile. "I hope you enjoy your time at this...aquarium!"

"Hehe, thanks Mister Rhys, I—"

"Are you leaving again, prisoner?" Suddenly, a certain hot-tempered prince strolled in, staring at the child intensely. It made them sweat a little, assuming he was still asleep.

"...Yeah. I have a trip outside the school today though."

He nodded in understanding, before crossing his arms. "Take me with you."

"What?!"

"Your Majesty!"

"Silence," He ordered the two with an unusually calmer tone, before looking down at [y/n]. "I grow tired of sitting around idly. Pierce has gotten his turn, so I should have my chance as well."

Ava's eyebrows furrowed, already used to his constant demands. But this... "See, even if I allowed you to, the school wouldn't even let you in! In fact, they'd probably put the kids into lockdown at the sight of you," She mumbled the last part to herself with a scoff. Thankfully, no one heard her—not that the man himself would understand what she meant anyways.

"It's okay! Um, maybe Mister Asch can drop me off today!" The child attempted to compromise, scratching their cheek nervously. "And I guess I could ask if they need another parent volunteer..."

"Perfect," The prince huffed, pleased by their response. "I shall wait until we are to depart."

He went over to take a seat on the couch, while Rhys deflated slightly. He had wanted to ask to go as well, but he eventually kept quiet. He'd reconsider—but Asch had already asked, so it was too late now.

He really did want to spend more time with the little royal, too. He convinced himself it was all for the mission, as winning over the approval of the child was just as important to obtain influence for Ava.

He definitely wasn't attached.

"[y/n]!" A certain pink-haired Daemos emerged from the pocket castle, holding up a book and—was that a pencil? "I did the practice! Is it right?"