~Chapter 3~

Third-person POV
Izuku and "Angel" were under the water. Just slowly sinking father into the unknown. The dark, freezing cold water enveloped Izuku. Then he did something that can only be described as complete insanity...

He willingly drowned himself.

"Angel" watched as Izuku looked around at the ocean surrounding them in fear and pain while he suffocated. He was panicking. He thought the pain would be over by now. 'Why does it still hurt? I don't like this!' He screamed in his mind since no words would exit his mouth.

"Angel" moved towards Izuku and put his hands on his cheeks, holding his face. His hands began to glow and suddenly everything stopped. All of the pain and struggling Izuku was going through was immediately gone and replaced with a light, airy feeling. He was comfortably laying in the absence of his oxygen.

He wasn't breathing but he wasn't suffocating either. All the water around him was triggering his thalassophobia a bit but he felt so at ease that he couldn't feel the fear. His head felt empty and he almost felt as if he was floating rather than sinking. His body, his mind, everything was just so calm and relaxed, he felt free. He closed his eyes to the welcoming embrace of the darkness as he took one final breath.

Katsuki's POV

Class period 1/6
What the actual fuck? We've gone through three class periods already and that damn nerd hasn't shown up. I don't give a fuck if he wants to throw away his education, but he's also skipping out on getting his useless little ass beat. He thinks he can just not show up and it would go away? He wouldn't just skip like this, so he'd better show up.

Class period 4/6
Damn it! Last time Deku didn't show up for school, it's because he was sick. He had to wait for his mom to go to work so he could leave for school without her knowing. He knew damn well I would've killed him for trying to run away from me. Damn coward! What's so scary about today that he actually hasn't shown up yet? He wouldn't actually miss a day of school, would he?

Class period 6/6
...I fucked up...Yesterday I told him to kill himself, I didn't see him while I was walking home, and now he doesn't show up the whole day. It's already weird he's late but he didn't come at all.

God dammit! He better not have actually fucking jumped just because I said to. I didn't even mean it. I'm going to his house and his dumbass better be there so I can kill him for real. Stupid nerd made me think of him all damn day. Since when is he in my head that much?

All my thoughts have been about his annoying ass and it's giving me a fucking headache. Agghhh, I'm gonna fucking kill him when I get there!

Izuku's POV
'Is it over? Am I still dead or did he finish whatever he was supposed to be doing? Am I supposed to be dead? I'm still naked... Where did he go?' I opened my mouth to call for him, but bubbles came out and it was soundless.

'Wait, am I still under water?' I opened my mouth again releasing more bubbles. 'I can breathe just fine now though.' I guess I'll just stay down here until he comes back.

I looked around me and it was still rather dark apart from the small slither of light from the surface. 'Thalassophobia sucks...' It's dark and cold, but I still feel safe and calm. I'm not really scared, just...uncomfortably relaxed? I feel tired again, I guess there's no harm in going back to sleep. I'll just rest a little bit longer.

Third-person POV
Many people had heard about the incident. Those who were close rushed down to the beach to see the commotion. From what the locals have heard, a boy was in the water but he hadn't come back out yet.

A stranger reported seeing him go into the water but hours later he hadn't come back out. Police, paramedics, coastguards, lifeguards and heroes were all working to find this kid. Regardless of the fact that he was most likely dead since he had apparently been under for hours, they didn't want to take any chances or leave his body in the water.

People were starting to lose hope when Mt. Lady and Kamui Woods made a plan. Mt. Lady would scoop up as much water as she could in her giant form and Kamui woods would make a filter like net with his arms to catch the kid if he came out.

After four tries Kamui felt something and realized it was a person. They all called for help and the paramedics took the boy and started trying to resuscitate him. The police and some heroes were trying to hold back the public. Coastguards and lifeguards were closing off the beach and the paramedics were desperately trying to get the boy to wake up.

Finally, they got a pulse and he was rushed to the hospital for treatment. It was a miracle to everyone when they saw the ambulance speed away with flashing lights on, considering they all knew the kid had been underwater for hours.

Videos were quickly spread through the internet and social media about 'the boy who survived underwater for hours' or 'the kid who came back from the dead'.

Reporters were relentless in trying to get the heroes to ask them what happened and how the kid was still alive. Did he have a quirk that kept him alive? Was he really underwater for hours? Who saved him, did he really survive? Who was he, what was his name? Was this an attemp at suicide? The questions were never-ending as were the amount of reporters that came with them.

Meanwhile, Izuku was going back and forth between life and death in the ambulance. They tried to keep him awake but the resuscitation only lasted twenty seconds before he flatlined again.

His heart rate was constantly fluctuating from as low as thirty-five beats per minute to one hundred fifty breaching a heart attack and quickly back down to zero again. No matter how hard they tried they couldn't keep him alive.

By the time they made it to the hospital, he was no better. His heart had completely stopped and he had been flatlined for the past four minutes. The only reason they were still trying to save him was because he had come back multiple times before.

If there was a chance he might survive then they were taking it. He was wheeled straight to the ER and luckily he hadn't gotten hypothermia.

"He's flatlined. Why are you wheeling a dead kid to the ER?" Dr. Minato was a head doctor in the hospital. He was also utterly confused as to how someone who was already dead was an emergency.

"The monitor says he's dead but he's still breathing. He's been going back and forth, so we can't give up yet. Come on, we need help stabilizing him." Dr. Ichiko said urgently, another medical director in Hosu Hospital.

They ran to his room and to their surprise, he was perfectly fine. Three other doctors were standing around him absolutely gobsmacked that he was even sitting up.

He had huge white fluffy angel wings with green tips at the bottom on his back that definitely weren't there before. His skin had regained its color from the pale state it was in before.

Although the most unsettling thing about this entire scene was that he was sitting up, breathing, alive, connected to a monitor that showed he was still flatlined, no heartbeat, dead.

I did it again. I'm actually staying consistent with this story! Yaaay! Bye babes, I'll be back soon~ <3
Word count: 1294