~Chapter 4~

Izuku's POV
All I remember was going back to sleep while I waited for the angel guy. Before he could come back, I guess I got taken somewhere else. There are bright lights, chemical cleanser smells, and a bunch of people running around me poking me with needles. I guess the needles give it away that I'm probably in a hospital.

"He's waking up!"

"How?! He is still flatlining! He should be dead!" I sat up at that comment. I looked over at the heart rate monitor and it was indeed flatlined. Wait so I'm dead, but I'm alive, like a zombie? Is this what he was trying to do? Where did he go though, he just disappeared. He's probably not coming back. This is one of those things I have to figure out on my own I guess....damn.

I sat there lost in thought until two more doctors walked in. I finally looked around and realized everyone was staring at me. I didn't know why until I turned to look at the other doctors and felt something stopping my movement. It felt like something was weighing me down and when I turned around to see what it was.

Holy crap! There are giant wings on my back, and they couldn't be any heavier. I don't even know how I'm still sitting up right now, although I do feel like I might fall over. They look just like his except mine have some light green highlights that fade in at the bottom. 'That's so cool! Is this like my quirk now? I wonder if I could just flex my backbones to move them?' I tried it and they did move. Like a really big flap and it made a huge gust of wind and blew the bed back quite a bit. 'Okay no more of that until I'm outside again.' "Um, can I go home now? I promise you I'm fine." "Uh....no. I'm sorry but you were, uh, y-you were underwater for a while. We have to at least do a check up." "Oh okay I guess." 'I'll just call my mom when I get home later.'

Third-person POV
As the doctors proceeded with Izuku's check up, he couldn't be any more distracted. He was being moved around like a lifeless doll because he was so lost in his own thoughts. The doctors actually thought he had died for a moment until they saw him blink. 'Where did he go? If I was in the water that long and didn't drown then I got my powers right? I guess that was all he had to do. When I got these powers, did he immediately go back to heaven? Is he ever coming back? Most likely not, I guess I really am on my own for this.'

"Hey kid, we're done with your examination, you're fine but if you have any difficulty breathing, get help as soon as possible. We also called your mother, she's on her way." Izuku didn't really want his mother to know about this right now, but he figured it's better to deal with her now rather than later. He did just basically die and come back to life. To everyone else who doesn't really understand why he's alive, this is a complete miracle. He wanted to get rid of the wings before she saw them but didn't know how.

He was trying for about ten minutes when she suddenly burst through the door. She was crying but clearly trying to hold it in. She rushed over and hugged him tightly, not even mentioning the wings on his back. Izuku just hugged her back considering he felt bad about worrying her the way he did.

"I'm so glad you're okay! I don't know how you're okay but I'm glad you are! I have to get back to work in like forty minutes but first, you are going to explain to me what those are," she pointed to his wings, "and then I'll take you home to rest, okay?" She finished off with a stern look.

He nodded although he didn't know what to tell her. All he knows is that a hot angel saved him from suicide, then helped him kill himself so he could get a power he doesn't even understand and then proceeded to ditch him in the ocean. Now he has wings and might be an angel too, but can he really tell her that? Nope, she would know about his suicide attempt and that would beome a much bigger problem.

'What to say, what to say...' "How about I tell you about it on the car ride home." He said while getting up. He hoped he could stall until he could come up with a lie. "Fine, but you better tell me everything." "I will." That's a lie. Actually the whole damn story he told her about what actually happened was a lie. They were at a stoplight and Inko wasn't letting up on questions, putting them out faster than Izuku could even keep up with.