~Chapter 5~

Izuku POV
I closed the door after Kacchan left and I was relieved he didn't try to beat up me or Angel. I think that's slight progression even though he looked like he really wanted to. 'I wonder if he was really angry or if he was just trying to hide the fact that he was worried about me for once?' "Oh he was definitely hiding it."

I sighed and walked past Angel. "So you can hear my thoughts." He laughed but again, didn't confirm it. I still need his help so I really hope that's why he's here. "Hey Angel, can you help me now please? I'm so confused. The only thing I know how to do is flap these giant wings and I can't even stand up properly because they're so heavy. I want to touch the halo to see if it would burn me but I'm kind of scared. Can you just tell me what my powers are and then help me figure them out because I don't know what to do and I'm scared."

I started tearing up a bit thinking about how he left me before and I didn't know what was going on. He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my shoulders. I instantly stopped crying and I've said it before but I will say it again, he is an amazing hugger. I just snuggled into his chest because this is literally the best feeling in the world.

"Yeah I'm sorry about leaving you before, I needed to handle something. I'm here to help you now so don't worry we'll figure it out together okay?" I didn't even have the energy to actually answer so I just nodded. I wanted to fall asleep right here and now, so I did. So much for figuring out my powers.

...

I felt something on my head, it was scratching me. I slowly opened my eyes and to my surprise it wasn't Angel this time, it was my mom. If she's home then that means it's already past seven. How long was I asleep? "Hey mom." She smiled at me and continued rubbing my head.

"Sweetheart, we need to talk." 'Oh no, I thought we finished this talk earlier. Maybe it's not about that... Who am I kidding, what else would it be about?' I sat up and looked at her and nodded. I knew I had to tell her something to reassure her but I hate lying to my mom. I hate it so much, keeping her in the dark like this. I feel horrible.

"Well, you obviously have some sort of quirk or power now and I can only assume that...you are going to use it to become a hero." She looked kind of sad like she was going to cry, which is usually a normal thing for us but I still felt worried. "If you want to do that then I'll be happy for you." I looked at her surprised. She started speaking again in a quieter, more solemn voice.

"To be honest with you, I've been feeling really terrible lately about something I said to you. I think you might have felt that I gave up on you a while back, but now look at you. You preserved and kept chasing your dream like a real champion. I'm sorry Izuku, and I promise I'll support you with everything I've got from now on!" She smiled at me with tears in her eyes while holding onto my hand tightly.

I smiled back at her "Thanks mom, I do want to become a hero and I promise I'll be careful." She smiled while looking down at her lap before nodding and slowly walking out of my room and closing the door behind her. I flopped down on his back and smiled. "I'm gonna be a hero."

I muttered to no one in particular but I guess Angel heard me because he came out of nowhere and dropped onto my bed right next to me. "You're not gonna be a hero if you just sit there. I thought you said you wanted me to help you master your new powers?" I sat up quickly at that comment. "Wait, you mean we can do that right now?" He nodded and laughed, probably at me but I couldn't care less.

I grabbed his hand and was about to drag him out of the room so we could go outside but he stopped me, quite easily at that, it made me feel weak. I frowned and turned around to see a stern look on his face. "What, why are we stopping? Cmon, let's go train! I thought you said you were gonna train me? Come train me, come on, let's go!"

He just sighed and grabbed my other hand to hold me still. "Let's get one thing straight, you can not let your emotions get the best of you when using this power. I don't just mean sadness or anger or negative feelings, I mean any feelings. If you get really sad or too excited, like you are now, then your powers will be too hard to control. You're not experienced yet and you'll completely overpower your body and hurt yourself if you let your feelings power you. I know that sounds cliche but I'm serious. Do you understand me?"

I took a second to take in everything he just told me and then nodded and tried to calm myself down. I took a deep breath and looked up at him and smiled showing that I was ready. Oh yeah, did I mention he's like six and a half feet tall? No? Oh my bad, well HE'S SIX AND HALF FEET TALL! I'm not even that short, five foot five actually, and I feel tiny. Am I going to be that tall too?

"Hey, you're muttering a lot. I've noticed it's a habit but Inko does it too. Did you pick it up from her or is it actually genetic?" "It might actually be genetic now that you mention it..." He laughed which I have to admit is one of the most amazing sounds I've ever heard. I don't think I'm in love with him or anything but damn is he handsome! "So you ready to go train now?"  "Yep!"

I smiled again and walked out the door but on my way out I heard him say, "So you think i'm handsome?" I froze. 'Dang, I keep forgetting-' "That I can read your thoughts. Yeah, it's funny. Thanks for the compliment by the way. Let's go, we're going back to the beach." I was about to tell him to stop because my mom was still in the living room but he just walked right past her and she didn't even acknowledge him. I guess it's an angel thing.

"Mom, I'm gonna go to the beach, I'll be back soon." She immediately dropped what she was doing and ran over to me. "You are not going back to the beach again. You almost drowned Izuku!" "I know, but I promise I'll be careful this time. I'm going with a friend, I'll be okay." She sighed but nodded, thankfully. I hate the fact that I would've had to sneak out if she didn't let me go. "Thanks mom, I'll be back later."  She nodded but was obviously still worried. 'I kind of hate myself for doing this to her right now...' 

I walked out the door with a sad look on my face and I felt Angel staring so I looked up to meet his gaze.  He cupped my face and lightly brushed my cheeks with his thumbs. "Your hands are really soft." He chuckled a bit and said, "You don't have to hate yourself. It's not your fault that you had to die today. Speaking of which, you don't have to worry about scaring your mom anymore. If you haven't noticed you don't have to breathe."

I was confused. I had been breathing this whole time. What does he mean I "don't have to breathe"? "Just hold your breath, it won't make a difference." I took a deep breath in and held it for as long as I could. That ended up being the entire way to the beach, I never had to breathe once. I don't even have to breathe but I guess it's nice to still be able to even though it doesn't make me feel any different.

"Alright, let's see how much strength you gained. Pick up that refrigerator, you should be able to." "The whole fridge?" I gawked while staring at the refrigerator he was pointing to. "Cmon it's fine, watch." He walked over to the fridge and picked it up, holding it over his head fairly easily before dropping it down in front of me again. "There, now you do it."

I still stood there unmoving but decided that if I was going to be a hero then I needed to train myself to be one. I went to stand in front of the fridge and bent down to pick it up. I used quite a bit of strength to do so and I still only got it like four feet off the ground. He started clapping saying I did a great job and just praising me before he said something that almost made me completely shut down. "Now, take all the trash off the beach."

YES YES YES I DID IT, IT'S CRAPPY BUT I DID IT! Seriously though I will up my game in the next chapter. There will be a big skip to UA, if you want something better written then I advise you read my bakudeku smutshots instead. Btw please comment it gives me motivation to write. Anyway bye loves~