ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙

Hiccup's POV

"There!" I look up from the map I was holding when I here Fishlegs' shout. He is pointing at the fleet of Hunter ships that we have been trying to find for hours.

"It's about time." Snotlout grumbled, leaning on his dragon's horns. 

"Come on guys," I said, urging Toothless to fly higher. The other riders quickly follow suit, and soon we are above the clouds and out of the Hunters sight. "OK, so we all know the plan right?" 

"YES!" Snotlout cried, exasperated. "You only explained it to us, oh I don't know, 27 times?!"

I tried really hard to hide my smile, I really did. It didn't work. "Good," I said, "Then let's go."

Surprisingly, the other riders kept up the right formation as we flew down and attacked the Hunter ships. Astrid, Heather and I went into the ships, freeing all the trapped dragons. Every time one of us left a ship, the others would blow it up. The plan was to free all the dragons and blow up all the ships.

Everything was going great until Viggo showed up.

He climbed out from below deck on the lead boat, flocked by at least a dozen guards. Immediately, the Dragon Hunters started trying harder, and it made me think that they hadn't been trying very hard before.

And then it got worse. Viggo's older brother, Ryker, appeared as well. And then he started manning the net catapults. That was bad.

Now I'm not saying that Ryker is good at anything, but he did have a good aim. Almost instantly, he shot one of us down. He shot Astrid down.

"ASTRID!" I cried as she and her dragon, Stormfly, got tangled in Ryker's net. The net, with my girlfriend in it, sank under the surface of the ocean. The pulley it was attached too started pulling it up, back onto the deck of Viggo's boat.

"Come on bud," I said to my dragon. "Let's get them." Toothless adjusted his wings, getting ready to dive, but someone beat us to it. A dragon swooped below us, heading for Astrid and Stormfly. At first I thought it was one of the Dragon Riders, but I quickly realized it wasn't.

The dragon was black and white and looked suspiciously a lot like Toothless. And on its back was a rider.

The mysterious dragon shot a blue plasma blast at the rope that connected the net to the pulley.  Astrid and Stormfly, still tangled in the net, sunk below the surface. I was about to intervene when another dragon flew in. This one also had a rider, and it was pale blue. With a start, I realized it was a dramilion.

The dramillion roared at the ocean, and suddenly, a turquoise dragon that I recognised as a Tide Glider shot out of the water. Another rider was on its back, and in its claws was Astrid and Stormfly.

Looking around, I noticed three other mysterious riders. One was also riding a dramillion, although this dragon was red. Then there was a large four-winged dragon that I had only read about, a Stormcutter. The last dragon rider was riding a light pink Deadly Nadder.

Every rider was wearing a cloak, a hood, and a mask, completely covering their face. Their clothes were all black, but their hoods had patterns on them. The patterns were the same color as their dragon's scales, and they stood out vibrantly against the black.

As I took all this in, I saw that my friends were frozen in shock, just like me.

Unfortunately, the Dragon Hunters weren't. 

The Hunters took advantage of our surprise and started shooting again. I was so busy watching the strange dragon riders, I didn't see the Dragon Root arrow that was spiraling towards me until it was shot out of the air.