ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛

Cascade's POV

I looked out over the sea at the setting sun, watching the silhouettes of dragons fill the sky. Their wingbeats and calls echoed over the water and I smiled as I listened. 

Since it was sunset, it was time for the dragons to come in and nest for the night. Our island, Pirate's Nook, had hundreds of nests, big and small, carved into the cliffside. Dragons from all over called this island their home. Some dragons stayed all the time, some only stayed at night, and some just used the island as a rest stop. But either way, all dragons loved our island and it was always busy.

Pirate's Nook  was a crescent shaped island, filled to the brim with dragons. The island was split down the middle with a thick, winding river. On the right side of the river was the forest, and most dragons lived there. To the left of the river were the hills. There weren't as many trees there, but just as many dragons.

The island rounded out in a crescent, the opening between the two ends of the island narrow. And every night, it became clogged with flocks upon flocks of dragons. 

Where the beach would be, in the middle of the crescent, there was a steep cliff. Over the cliff a waterfall pours into the ocean. That's where our base is. The waterfall is actually a ways off the cliff side. This gave us the perfect opportunity to make hundreds of nests in the cliff face, behind the waterfall, for all types of dragons. And next to the nests, are our huts, where we live.

Suddenly, my dragon, Morweena, stiffened, snapping me out of my thoughts."Cascade," She whispered quietly.

I leaned forward. "Yeah?" I asked, worried. My dragon's senses were obviously far better than mine, and usually when she started acting like this it wasn't good. "What is it, Mo?"

She glanced up at me nervously. "Something's not right."

I furrowed my brow. "What?"

"There."  Morweena gestured at something with her tail.

I looked where she pointed and saw what she saw. A Night Light. With a rider.

"So?" I asked, "That's just Rowan and Shadow."

"No," My dragon whispered. "No, it's not."

I looked at the rider more carefully and saw she was right. While any Dragon Pirate would have been comfortable and relaxed in the middle of a flock of dragons and on Pirate's Nook, this rider was clearly not. They were stiff and rigid, obviously uncomfortable and nervous.

I was also beginning to think it was a boy. And we definitely did not have any boys on our team. Except for male dragons. 

Then, looking at the dragon he was riding, I noticed something disturbing. While it had the shape and size of a Night Light, it didn't have any of their trademark white scales. That must mean....

I gasped. "It's a Night Fury!" I whisper-yelled.

Morweena nodded. "But there aren't any Night Furies left. They were all hunted to extinction."

"Except for the one that the boy was riding earlier!"  I realized, a light bulb going off in my brain. "That must be him!"

"Yeah," My dragon agreed. "And he's trying to sneak onto our island."

                                       »»————- ❈ ————-««

Hiccup's POV

3 Hours Earlier