ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟠

Vera's POV

After checking in on Acacia, Arne and I flew down to the lower nests to check on the Night Fury.

We had put the intruder's dragon in one of our nests. It might seem stupid, but on this island we never lock up dragons. Even if it's a bloodthirsty, insane dragon that doesn't have it's mind anymore.

Cause on this island, we are dragons. Humans aren't allowed here anymore. 

You're probably thinking, but Vera, you are a human. And you're right. Maybe my friends and I were born humans, born vikings, but we changed. Our family is right here on this island. And they sure as heck aren't human.

So we brought the Night Fury to the nests. 

Behind the waterfall, there are thousands of nests, some that we blasted into the cliffside, some that were there before, and some that the draconic residents made themselves. The nests go from largest to smallest, bottom to top. We left the Night Fury in one of the lower nests, so he's farther away from us and his rider, just in case.

Of course nothing's going to happen, since we gave the dragon a secret type of fruit that Rowan always uses. None of us know what it's called, since someone won't tell us, but we call it the magic sleep fruit (Cascade came up with the name, not me), because it puts dragons into a really deep sleep.

And that's what we gave the Night Fury.

Most people can't imagine seeing a Night Fury in person. Night Furies are elusive, rare beasts, the offsprings of 'Lightning and Death itself.'

Of course, to us Dragon Pirates, the Night Fury is just another dragon.

Rowan, the youngest of us, bonded with a Night Light, a hybrid Night Fury and Light Fury, when she was young. None of us have met Shadow's parents, but it's close enough to meeting a pure one.

Once Arne swoops low enough and we start getting sprayed with the waterfall's whitewater, we slow to a stop.

I can already see the peaceful sleeping figure of the Night Fury. Reassured that he's still unconscious, Arne and I perform a complicated turn and make our way back up the waterfall.

As we near the prison caves, Arne stops abruptly.

She whispers to me, "Do you hear that?"

"What?"

"Someone's... singing? But I can't make out the words."

"Huh... strange"

"C'mon, let's go see what that is. Sounds like a human," Arne commented.

"Ha! Lead the way."

We flew into the cave, and as we got closer to the only occupied prison cell the voices became clearer to hear. I stifled a gasp as I recognized Acacia's voice, telling the prisoner things about herself she had never told me, much less the other Pirates.

"It's Acacia." Arne said, a hint of anger in her voice.

"N-no duh." I replied, trying to ignore the pain in my voice. Trying to ignore the fact that my sister was betraying me, just like everyone else I loved before her. Trying to ignore how much it hurt.

We listened for a moment more before I had enough. Nudging Arne to turn around, we flew off to find the other Pirates.

ⰆⰆⰆⰆⰆⰆⰆⰆⰆ

Acacia's POV

I narrowed my eyes as Hiccup repeated my name.

"So?" I questioned, hating the slight quaver in my voice.

Hiccup's eyes met mine, and I noticed the tears that he was holding back.

"I- I used to-" He started, before he swallowed and changed direction. "Before I get my hopes up, tell me who your family is. Please."

I gave him a confused look, but this time I didn't hesitate. Afterall, I've told him so much already, I might as well. "Um, I guess I should say-"

Hiccup cut me off. "Your real family. Your birth family."

That caught me by surprise. It took me a moment to respond, and even when I did, I wasn't sure I wanted to. I'd always hated this part about me, back when we lived on the island of Prolin, before we were Dragon Pirates. After that, none of us had families either, so it was ok. We had eachother.

But being confronted with this again, when I'd thought I left it all behind me, well, least to say, I wasn't expecting it.

"I-I don't know. I never knew," I admitted. "My par- my adoptive parents found me as a baby in the claws of a dead dragon on the shore."

Hiccup's eyes widened. He seemed to be at a loss for words, completely unable to speak. After a second, it hit me too.

All of the pieces clicked together. The puzzle piece I had never wanted finally fit. And it was going to destroy my whole world.

ⰆⰆⰆⰆⰆⰆⰆⰆⰆ

Astrid's POV

I watched as the red dramillion and its rider came out from under the waterfall.

"M-maybe that's where they're keeping Hiccup?" Fishlegs suggested nervously.

"Yeah." I said, slipping his spyglass back in my saddle. "Probably."

"So what do we do?" Heather asked.

"All right, here's the plan." Snotlout jumped in. "We fly down there, blow up some stuff, get Hiccup and Toothless, and leave. All in favor?" He raised his hand.

I rolled my eyes, but the twins raised their hands too.

"No." I deadpanned. "That's a terrible plan."

"Ah, come on, A. It'll be fun!" Tuffnut persisted.

"Yeah, we just want to blow things up!" Ruff added, then hurriedly, when she saw me glaring at her, "and get Hiccup back, obviously...." 

"Honestly, I don't think it's that bad a plan," Heather admitted. My jaw dropped. I started to object, but Heather cut in again. "I mean, not in their exact words, but that is what we came here to do, is it not?"

I sighed and nodded. "Alright. Let's go get Hiccup back."

ⰆⰆⰆⰆⰆⰆⰆⰆⰆ

Hiccup's POV

"I- I had a sister, once." I started, watching Acacia's face. I could tell that she already guessed what I was about to say.

"She- she would be about your age, I guess. Her name was Acacia. Acacia Vigdis Haddock. And whenever I would imagine her, I think she'd look like you."

"W-what happened to her?" She asked cautiously.

"I..." I sighed, collecting myself. "One night, there was a dragon raid. My- our father told us to stay in the house, to stay safe. Everything was fine.... Until a Monstrous Nightmare came through the roof. We were terrified... but the dragon started playing with us. And then.... Something spooked it. It grabbed my sister and flew away. I never saw her again... We just assumed she was dead, like- like my mom."

I took a deep breath and looked Acacia in the eye. "But you're right here."

Tears suddenly overflowed in her eyes, and she lurched forward and hugged me. I would've hugged back, but my hands were still tied. Suddenly they were released, and I realized that Acacia's dramillion must've cut them somehow. I leaned forward and hugged my long lost sister.

It was perfect.

And then the room exploded.