Chapter 20 (READ AUTHORS NOTE AT END)

6 months later 

Amari's POV

I was currently 9 months pregnant with our son and daughter, and I just wanted it to be OVER! I was never comfortable, I always had to be pee, I had heartburn, it just sucked. But Ella, bless her heart, was always there for me through my mood swings and comforting me. 

It was three in the morning, and I was trying to sleep. Key word: trying. I could hear Ella softly snore beside me and I groaned. Great just great, how am I supposed to sleep when I have two babies kicking inside me and a girlfriend who is a very loud snorer. I was about to get up and move to the couch, when I felt liquid pour down my legs. I panicked and shook Ella awake.

"Ella, ELLA." I harshly whispered. She stopped snoring and finally looked at me, then looked at the clock. "It's three am, why are you wak-" I think she got the message and immediately sprung out of bed. "Is it time?" She asked in a panic. I managed a weak nod and she sprung into action. She grabbed the hospital bags we packed and started loading them in the car while I was getting myself ready. 

My wife (oh yes, did I mention we got married? Last minute thing, we eloped in front of my family. It's fine) rushed back inside to grab more stuff and rushed to the van that we bought. I waddled to the door and to the van and buckled up and was ready to go. I realized that my brothers have no idea that I'm about to have the babies. So I called the house phone and a tired voice picked up. "Johnson residence." "Angela, the babies are coming." "HOLY SHIT! GUYS GET YOUR ASSES UP! YOUR ABOUT TO BE UNCLES!" I laughed at that, I could always count on Angela to get all of their lazy asses out of bed.

"Hang tight, we're on our way. Is it the county one?" "Yes, we're heading there now." "Ok, good luck!" I laughed and hung up, then I felt contractions. I groaned in pain and I knew Ella was trying to comfort me, but it was failing. "Hang in there ok? You got this." "Ella you are NOT helping." "Sorry, I'm sorry." I could hear the tears coating her voice, now I felt bad. She's just as stressed as I am.

"Babe I'm sorry, it's not your fault." She sighed and just squeezed my hand while she kept driving. We finally arrived to the hospital and Ella immediately rushed in to get us a room. She could come down and get the bags, I'm about to have two babies. I waddled inside and I see Ella frantically trying to get us a room. "Please, she's going to have the babies any minute!" That was a lie, I knew it was going to be awhile. But why not get comfortable faster.

Finally, they gave us a room and I changed into a gown and got hooked up to machines. I was surprised at how dilated I was, eight centimeters. I guess that's what happens when you have twins, (I know that's not true, but go with it).

Ella got all the bags from the car and brought them up here. I was very happy to have her by my side. Now, it was time to start pushing. I was also informed that my family was in the waiting room and I was very excited for them to meet their niece and nephew. I took a deep breath like I was told to do, squeezed Ella's hand as hard as I could and pushed.

After ten minutes of me screaming and pushing, a shrill cry pierced the room. The doctor held the baby up and stated "it's a boy!" I had tears streaming down my face of happiness, and Ella did too. Some doctors took the baby to get him cleaned up, while some of the others stayed here to get the other baby. They told me to take a deep breath and push, so I did. 

I pushed and pushed until another cry pierced the room. The doctor held up the baby to show it was our daughter. "It's a girl." Ella rubbed my shoulder while she had so much tears stream down her face. "You did it baby, you really did it." I laughed and we shared a kiss. The doctors brought our babies over, and I was handed our son, Ella was handed our daughter. 

I have never felt more complete in my whole life. Ella really wanted to get the family in here so they can meet them. But before she did, we decided on the names. She handed me our daughter and walked out of the room. I stared down at our little miracles and couldn't believe what I was holding. I kissed both of their noses just in time for the family to come in. 

They were awwing quietly as to not disturb the babies and I laughed. "Say hello to Barry James Johnson-Reynolds." I handed Barry to James and he was trying very hard not to cry. "And say hello to Isla Carrie Johnson-Reynolds, named after my mum." Ella said and I handed Isla to her, then she handed her to Angela. Angela smiled tearfully at James, "I can't wait to have ours." She whispered. I think we gave all the couples in here baby fever. Oh, did I mention Angela is pregnant? I guess not.

As everyone held Barry and Isla, it was time for them to go. They congratulated us and left, now it was just us. Ella was holding Barry while I was holding Isla. Life was just perfect.

BAM!!! The last chapter of this book is COMPLETE!!! Thank you guys so much for sticking with me and being so patient with me since the last time I updated this book was in DECEMBER! So I bring you three updates in one day! I hope you enjoyed! I will post on this page the name of the third book as soon as I come up with a clever title for it. 

Maybe you guys can help me out? Comment a title for the new book, the main characters will not be Mari and Ella, but it will be Isla and Barry. And next book, you get to see the twins life in England and FINALLY meet Ella's family! SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE comment down a title for the book and I'll give you credit in the description!

Thank you so much for reading The Runaway Sister. Bye!!!