Chapter 15

Amari's POV

3 weeks later

Since I was old enough to be on my own, I decided to go for a stroll, disguised of course. I didn't want José to find me. I was walking to the nearest Starbucks, which wasn't far from my house, and went inside. I was looking down and wasn't paying attention to where I was going, and I bumped into someone. "I'm so sorry! I wasn't paying attention, I'm so sorry." I kept apologizing and when I looked at the person, I was stunned.

She had beautiful blonde hair and a jawline that could cut someone. She had the prettiest smile. "It's no problem at all! I love your hair by the way!" She pointed to my uncovered hair. I guess my hood fell off. "Thank you! I like yours too!" I complemented her. Then I got to thinking, she reminded me of someone. "What elementary school did you go to?" I asked. "Belmont. Why?" She looked curious. "I went there too!" I said. She looked shocked.

"Wait a minute, Isabella?" I questioned. Her eyes widened. "Amari?" She questioned. I smiled and nodded. We squealed and laughed. We were childhood best friends, then she moved away, I was depressed for weeks. We decided to buy coffee and chat for awhile. "Anything new?" I asked as I took a sip of my latte. "I go by Ella now, I feel like Isabella is too popular of a name." "So is Ella." I pointed out. She rolled her eyes playfully. "Yes, but everyone almost goes by Isabella or Bella, so I chose Ella." She said.

"Anything new for you?" She asked. I didn't want to burden her with my dad chasing me, so I decided to tell her what happened in the past couple weeks. "Well, I go by Mari. Amari is what I get called when I'm in trouble. And I had a boyfriend named Corbin, but I found out that he... cheated on me." I had to come up with a reasonable lie, one that Isa- I mean, Ella could believe. She gave me a look of sympathy and held my hands. "I'm so sorry love." Oh, did I mention she's British? I love her accent, it could make me melt for hours. Wait, I'm not gay! Don't you dare fall for her Mari.

We talked for hours, when I got a text from James saying I should come home. I gave Is- ugh, Ella, my phone number so we can possibly hang out. I know we will, she always means what she says. So I know we will hang out, and I'm ok with that. We said goodbye and I went home. I unlocked the door and walked inside. I see my brothers playing video games, and I hear James and Ryan in the kitchen, since everyone else is playing Mario Kart. I go to the kitchen and see my brothers. "Hey guys, what's up?" I asked. "Did you have fun?" James asked.

I nodded. "Guess who I saw?" I asked like a little kid. James played along, like he used to. "Who?" He said with enthusiasm and his hands on his hips. "Isabella!" I exclaimed. His eyes widened. "I don't like tea British Isabella? Your childhood best friend Isabella?" He asked. I nodded. "She also goes by Ella now." I said. "Cool, are you guys going to hang out more?" Ryan asked me. I nodded. "Gave her my number." After our chat, I went upstairs and went to bed, happy I found my childhood best friend.

Lili Reinhart as Ella Reynolds